Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up I bought a PAC SOEM-T 2ch with remote wire to hook up my two alpine 12's and my Rockford amp and am having major problems getting it to work, I've looked through multiple threads and see a couple examples of LOC hook up that have been done, I can get the amp to turn on but no sound comes out of the subs, I know that it says to hook up the yellow wire to a 12v constent and the black to the ground, but I don't really understand where to run these, I hooked the blue wire from he line out LOC to the remote souce and the yello to the power line and the black to the ground but nothing, I was wounding if anyone else has used this same LOC that can maybe give me some advice, or let me know what I might be doing wrong

·
Registered
143 Posts
hey Diezel,
I have installed this on my 2013 sonata. For the 12V constant run a wire from the positive terminal of the amp to the 12v constant on the PAC-SOEM. This will give you your constant. Make sure you have a wire going to the remote turn on of the PAC-SOEM to the remote of your amp or it will stay on all the time (that is unless your amp has auto sensing signaling) For the ground you can just connect it to the same location you have for your ground wire of your amp.. You should be good from there. I have some pics of how I set mine up and I will look to see if I can fin them to share.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@tommycoxjr- thanks for the help, if you find the pics post them up.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's cool thanks for looking, I haven't got a chance let Friday I'm off and will try it then, I post up the outcome, thanks again!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope still couldn't get it to work, I tapped into the amp wiring harness in the trunk but still nothing, where did you happen to run your wires from? If the amp harness what color wires did you tap into?

·
Registered
143 Posts
You tapped into a factory amp harness?
if you have a factory amp do you have a factory sub?
if you do then you can eliminate the factory sub and use the spear connections for that to connect to your PAC.
What is your exact set up?
I have a 2013 Sonata GLS without nav and without the factory sub.
what I did was ran the power from the battery down my drivers side door jam. then i bought a adapter for my rear passenger side speaker to connect to so i don't tap into my factory wiring(this will rule out any issues if I have to use my warranty, even though they would have to prove it was the cause of an issue) I connected the wire running from the speaker to the PAC. I connected both left and right positive of the PAC to the positive coming from my speaker. I connected both left and right Negative of the PAC and connected them to the negative run from my speaker. I connected the 12V constant of the PAC to the power of the input of the AMP. then ran a cable from the remote of the PAC to the remote of the AMP. the ground of the PAC I ran to the ground I used for the AMP. connected my rca cables from the PAC to the AMP and it was complete..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a SE with NAV and it does have a factory amp and sub, as for what I'm putting in I have two Alpine Typre R 12's and a Rockford 800x2 Amp, I did tap into my factory harness in the back but maybe that's where I went wrong, I'm going to try the wires running to to the factory sub and see if that works. Thanks for the input @tommycoxjr

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Man I had to travel to Minnesota for work until the 20th so when i get back Im going to try it out, Ill post up the results, thanks again

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I finally got it hooked up and the subs play and the amp turns on, but when I shut the car off the amp stays on, I did what you all said about the remote hook up but it still stays on, also the light inside the LOC stays on to is that normal? or is this have constant power also?

·
Registered
143 Posts
thats strange. if it is connected correctly then when the car turns off the PAC should turn off since it responds to the signal of the speaker wire. you might have a defective PAC converter.. did you double check all of your connections? making sure the you have a wire ran to the yellow 12Volt on the PAC to the 12 Volt you ran from the battery to the amp on the amp insert point, and the Blue wire from the PAC to the remote turn on of the amp?
one way to test if it is a defective PAC is to disconnect the remote wire and take a voltage meter to it with the car turned off. if you get a reading then it is defective as it should not turn on until the PAC gets a signal to it from the speaker wires.

below is the wiring diagram. i used option 2 as i was only wanting a signal from a single speaker.

http://www.pac-audio.com/PACProductData/SOEM-T/1_Instructions/soem-t_instructions_091709.pdf

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I ran the yellow 12 volt constent wire, straight to the power on the amp , is this were the connection is probably wrong? Its strange because once u pull the remote wire off the amp it shuts off like normal but the LOC still has a red light on inside of it.

·
Registered
143 Posts
any chance you can take a pic of how you currently have the connections? i will look at my install to see if i had to deviate from the install or if we both set it up the same. something strange seems to be going on..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'll get a pic of the set up, but I got it to work by soldering a on/off switch in between the 12v constent and the amp power.

·
Registered
143 Posts
i put one of those in but it was in between the remote of the PAC and the remote connection on the amp. I did it so when my wife gets in the car i can turn the bass of..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts