Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having read on a previous forum that a software upgrade is available to make the i10 radio perform better, does anybody know how I can obtain the CD or download the software to perform this?

I know the short answer is take the car to my dealer. It's just that my nearest dealer is 12 miles away and a visit would involve me either taking time off work or finding a free Saturday. That's why obtaining the CD or perhaps downloading the software would be a 'softer' option.

I've scoured the Internet looking for the manufacturer, which may lead me to their website, but cannot identify who makes the radio. I've even registered with and searched the HMC website, but again I hit a brick wall.

Any pointers would be most welcomed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Apr 19 2010, 03:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314540
Having read on a previous forum that a software upgrade is available to make the i10 radio perform better, does anybody know how I can obtain the CD or download the software to perform this?

I know the short answer is take the car to my dealer. It's just that my nearest dealer is 12 miles away and a visit would involve me either taking time off work or finding a free Saturday. That's why obtaining the CD or perhaps downloading the software would be a 'softer' option.

I've scoured the Internet looking for the manufacturer, which may lead me to their website, but cannot identify who makes the radio. I've even registered with and searched the HMC website, but again I hit a brick wall.

Did you find a cd? i have been to my dealer to ask about the upgrade cd and they denied all knowledge of one,i also asked about the clutch problem they said what clutch problem,they or more like the secret service,if you get a cd could you do me a copy please.

thanks bowie

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Apr 19 2010, 10:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314540

The radio is made by Hyundai Autonet CO LTD
HMC Part number 96100-0X2304X
Model A-200PAE
Listed as (RADIO+CD+MP3+RDS - PA 710R)
Global Sevice Way link http://service.hyundai-motor.com/
That is as far as I have got. The parts catalog and shop manual do not link to any software support or software CD and www.hyundaiautonet.com goes to http://www.mobis.co.kr/ which is of no help (parts catalog is driven by mobis.co.kr) Hyundai Mobis is the parts and service arm of Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors

Links to pictures of the radio
http://en.bildelsbasen.se/?index=default&a...c6ce3adbccad124

Just had a play with the radio to see if I could get it to report it's status and sure enough it did. With the ignition key set so there is power on the radio and with the radio switched off press 1 and 6 together and the model number, software version and EEPROM are displayed. Software on my radio is S/W :V1.01.EUR . Will post this info on the main radio thread

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (bowie @ Apr 23 2010, 03:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316090
Did you find a cd? i have been to my dealer to ask about the upgrade cd and they denied all knowledge of one,i also asked about the clutch problem they said what clutch problem,they or more like the secret service,if you get a cd could you do me a copy please.

thanks bowie
Bowie,

No have not found anything yet.

Fear not, should I find a means to locate and download the upgrade I will publish how on the forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (shedloads @ Apr 24 2010, 05:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316252
The radio is made by Hyundai Autonet CO LTD
HMC Part number 96100-0X2304X
Model A-200PAE
Listed as (RADIO+CD+MP3+RDS - PA 710R)
Global Sevice Way link http://service.hyundai-motor.com/
That is as far as I have got. The parts catalog and shop manual do not link to any software support or software CD and www.hyundaiautonet.com goes to http://www.mobis.co.kr/ which is of no help (parts catalog is driven by mobis.co.kr) Hyundai Mobis is the parts and service arm of Hyundai Motor Company and Kia Motors

Links to pictures of the radio
http://en.bildelsbasen.se/?index=default&a...c6ce3adbccad124

Just had a play with the radio to see if I could get it to report it's status and sure enough it did. With the ignition key set so there is power on the radio and with the radio switched off press 1 and 6 together and the model number, software version and EEPROM are displayed. Software on my radio is S/W :V1.01.EUR . Will post this info on the main radio thread

Good grief Shedloads. How did you find out how to get the radio to report its status like that? I'm impressed.

Meanwhile.........about the upgrade. I am most grateful for the radio ID info. Will persist in scouring the Net in a bid to locate a source for this elusive upgrade....if it exists!

Ed

·
Registered
855 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Apr 24 2010, 01:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316330
Good grief Shedloads. How did you find out how to get the radio to report its status like that? I'm impressed.

Meanwhile.........about the upgrade. I am most grateful for the radio ID info. Will persist in scouring the Net in a bid to locate a source for this elusive upgrade....if it exists!

Ed
Actually it did not take much time at all. It just made sense to press the most opposite buttons (1 and 6) and the radio had to be in standby. But Cheers all the same :thumbsup:

As for the software upgrades, If you go to the Kia version of the "global service way" and register @ http://www.kia-hotline.com/ you will find that Audio TSBs (Technical service bulletins) contain a link to download the software upgrade. At the time of this post Hyundai TSB's are inactive http://service.hyundai-motor.com/ so perhaps work in progress. I certainly would not want to rock the boat as the info at http://service.hyundai-motor.com/ is invaluable.

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (shedloads @ Apr 24 2010, 11:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316252

Ok, found it !

Mines the same

·
Registered
272 Posts
my radio firmware version

s/w V 1.00.EUR and EEPROM PA200E51

its the old version with the crackly FM

Has anyone been able to get to the firmware update, is it possible to update via cd or do hyundai need to replace/reprogram the EEPROM?

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (Learn with Mike @ Apr 25 2010, 01:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=316569
my radio firmware version

s/w V 1.00.EUR and EEPROM PA200E51

its the old version with the crackly FM

Has anyone been able to get to the firmware update, is it possible to update via cd or do hyundai need to replace/reprogram the EEPROM?
It appears Hyundai are denying the elusive firmware upgrade. If there was a CD upgrade I would imagine it would be menu driven. I doubt the CD would have some form of boot menu on such a basic cheap radio.

I imagine its more of a ROM swap out in which case its cheaper for Hyundai to replace the radio ( taking into account labour cost vs a 5 pence CD/Radio ).

If the only way I can adjust the LCD screen contrast of my Radio is to remove the unit and look for a preset on the PCB, then I will remove the EPROM and get it copied at the same time. Assuming the EPROM is not PCB mounted.

At least I get a decent signal and no cut out with this radio, although I think it sounds weaker then my old one ?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Had the software updated on my I10 a couple of weeks ago. However having seen everyones else software versions I am now truly confused as to what version I have. Is this the most up to date version ? I still have LO/DX on my version.

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
QUOTE (talkalot @ Apr 26 2010, 11:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317088
Had the software updated on my I10 a couple of weeks ago. However having seen everyones else software versions I am now truly confused as to what version I have. Is this the most up to date version ? I still have LO/DX on my version.
It appears you have a newer version then me, but have retained the LO/DX function ?

A lot of the 10 reg i10s have V1.01.EUR & the 09 reg V1.00.EUR .

I cant believe I'm doing this !!!, I have an i10 that is about to fall apart due to serious build quality issues and I'm stuffing webcams inside my dash and looking for software updates. I really need to see a shrink !

·
Registered
29 Posts
QUOTE (Noddy @ Apr 27 2010, 09:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317203
I cant believe I'm doing this !!!, I have an i10 that is about to fall apart due to serious build quality issues and I'm stuffing webcams inside my dash and looking for software updates. I really need to see a shrink !
Ah but you've got to admit Noddy, its wonderful entertainment!
Maybe Hyundai should market the i10 not so much as a car, but as a 'life experience'. :whistling:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:eek:fftopic: Serious problems like the dreaded clutch judder apart, the i10 probably IS value for money. You get what you pay for. The i10 is not so much a KFC but an HMC Bargain Bucket. After scrappage, I paid £5,800.00 in November for my i10 Comfort and except for some uncomfortable driving position issues I have, I think I got my money's worth.

OK, so it has its faults, but like any new(ish) model, correction of build/design/OEM parts/etc bugs must be an ongoing process of refinement for any motor manufacturer. Hopefully HMC will have resolved the major faults with the i10 within the fullness of time - and some of the more minor ones too. Cold comfort I know for those owners that feel they have been short changed out of their hard earned cash.

However, back to the topic.............have trawled and trawled the Web for any hint or lead of a s/w upgrade with no luck. Anyone got an email address for HMC India or Korea? Maybe they have a Customer Services that can confirm or deny the existence of such an upgrade.

Ed

·
Registered
181 Posts
QUOTE (Mr Ed @ Apr 27 2010, 02:23 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317251
However, back to the topic.............have trawled and trawled the Web for any hint or lead of a s/w upgrade with no luck. Anyone got an email address for HMC India or Korea? Maybe they have a Customer Services that can confirm or deny the existence of such an upgrade.
Be careful if you find one - you would be really unhappy if you got lumbered with updating to something like a Japanese tuning range :w00t:

·
Registered
21 Posts
QUOTE (Martint123 @ May 15 2010, 12:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323082
Can anyone with the later firmware check something for me please?

When playing MP3 CD's with RDM selected for random play with TA,traffic announcement enabled and a announcement pops up - when it goes back to CD is the random feature turned off? - mine is and it is beginning to irritate me.

Tia
Mine too. I think it's "bug".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts