Hyundai Forums banner

P2251 OBD code help

11K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  AUTOSPARK 
#1 ·
Hi I am new to the forum and I hope you can help with this issue.
2 weeks ago I got a check engine light and code P2251 bank 1 sensor 1 O2 sensor. This is the upper sensor I believe.
I replaced the sensor and still get the code. I am thinking I got a bad O2 sensor right out of the box. Has this happened to anyone else?
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
It is possible that you may have gotten the wrong sensor or bad sensor
It isn't unheard of .. does happen.
I would be more willing to check the wiring from the O2 sensor
Check the power to the heater on the O2 sensor
If you have a scanner that can give you data from the O2 sensor
Then you can see if there is a problem that way

#3 ·
Any help with this is greatly appreciated.
I don't think that will be a valid trouble code for your J2 Elantra. There probably isn't anything wrong with your O2 sensor. That's why you still have the same code after replacing it.

Please take the time to fill in your forum profile with the details of your car, it's engine and what region of the planet you live in. That will help us to offer the most accurate advice relating to your vehicle.

Regards.
Scott.

#8 ·
Ah, I see you've completed your forum profile now to reveal your working with a 2009 Elantra.

You posted to the wrong forum hence my confusion about the trouble code. That wouldn't be a valid code for the '96~2000 cars that this forum relates to.

Anyway, I'm happy to hear the new sensor cured the problem.

Scottie.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.