Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like a few others, I got P2096 code in my 2012 Elantra Limited. I went into ECU upgrade and got these two for my car:

330 - MD/UD 1.8MPI ENGINE DTC P2096 IMPROVEMENT
306 -- UD/MD 1.8 P2096 DTC LOGIC IMPROVEMENT

I found the PDF for the TSB for the 306 update, but what about the 330 update? What is the difference? Is 306 for the module while 330 is for the engine.

It seems as if 306 would solve my issue but not sure if I need to do 330 as well.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
GDS will sort it out when it reads ROM,, then offer latest applicable event,,,, always use latest event when doing update,, been a few updates in past,, latest being recall T1R and 951 (2096 remedy)

Got VIN ?? Send it to me with note what it for

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So I drove the car for the last few days and see if the error went off on its own. When I plugged in GDS, it said that P2096 was a historical code so it may have came up for a little while but went away.

So I had the time to install both of the above updates.
In GDS, pick the engine system and then go to ECU upgrade. Choose Engine and then go to Auto Mode. It should pick up whatever upgrades you have installed on your computer.

There may be two choices to choose from, as seen above: 306 or 330. Pick 330. 330 supersedes 306. I went through them in order so I installed both but I think you can just install 330 and be done.

The update takes under 4 and a half minutes so its pretty safe to do it without a battery charger. Make sure to drive the car for a while before installing the update to make sure the battery is well charged.

Attached is the TSB 14-FL-006 that explains what update 330 is. 13-FL-006 is for update 306 which is also attached. The installation instructions are also in the below TSB.

I'll drive it the next few days and see if it ever comes back, but I think this should solve the problem. I am unsure if the dealer would update this for free outside of warranty but worth asking.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I drove the car for the last few days and see if the error went off on its own. When I plugged in GDS, it said that P2096 was a historical code so it may have came up for a little while but went away.

So I had the time to install both of the above updates.
In GDS, pick the engine system and then go to ECU upgrade. Choose Engine and then go to Auto Mode. It should pick up whatever upgrades you have installed on your computer.

There may be two choices to choose from, as seen above: 306 or 330. Pick 330. 330 supersedes 306. I went through them in order so I installed both but I think you can just install 330 and be done.

The update takes under 4 and a half minutes so its pretty safe to do it without a battery charger. Make sure to drive the car for a while before installing the update to make sure the battery is well charged.

Attached is the TSB 14-FL-006 that explains what update 330 is. 13-FL-006 is for update 306 which is also attached. The installation instructions are also in the below TSB.

I'll drive it the next few days and see if it ever comes back, but I think this should solve the problem. I am unsure if the dealer would update this for free outside of warranty but worth asking.
Hi, I have the code P2096, according to the VIN the ECU needs the update. I live in Costa Rica. Do you know any way to get the update? or from somewhere where I can send the ECU and apply the update?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts