Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
New to this forum, but not to Hyundai Accents. I recently went from an 04 (used) to an 09 (used). Last weekend I got a CEL, went and got the codes scanned and it threw P2096. Went ahead and bought the o2 sensor since they're the same for both upstream and downstream for me. However less than 2 days later it went off, decided to leave it and not replace it right away.
Today I got another CEL, went and got the codes scanned and the exact same code, no others with it.
There are virtually no symptoms except the CEL. I did get one rough idle the other morning but that's all. No smell, no sounds, the light isn't red or flashing. Engine and exhaust still run totally quiet.
Any way to tell whether this is upstream or downstream? I am kind of assuming upstream just because I've heard they usually throw the code or go bad first.
My other question is, what are the odds that this is actually the o2 sensor? I've heard P2096 being thrown for other issues, but all of them have other symptoms...this has nothing except what I've mentioned.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I chased a 2096 as well. Replaced both oxygen sensors and no luck. Opted to replace the cat and that resolved the issue.

Do you notice any lack of power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Raspberry

·
Registered
164 Posts
Here is my thread:

P2096 2010 accent

Also, that eBay cat is still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Red Raspberry
1 - 4 of 4 Posts