Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would be grateful for some advice regarding a repair to my 2007 Hyundai Santa Fe 2.2 diesel. The car has developed fault code P2015 “Intake Manifold Runner Position Sensor / Switch Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1)
The car is being repaired and the intake manifold has removed and cleaned and I have been advised that a new Actuator Swirl Control is needed.
The part number for the actuator is 28381-27450 with an additional reference number of 6L27/0383.
The cost of the part direct from Korea appears to be much less than buying the part in the UK.
Can anybody advise me if the additional reference number is make/model specific as I would like to buy the part from Korea and want to make sure I buy the correct part.
Part 28381-27450 appears to be a generic part for Kia / Hyundai, is the second reference number important ?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
The part number is all that is important, the rest is irrelevant, also fitted to D4EA motors, used could be an option

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Many thanks for posting a reply, I have looked on eBay and used ones range from about £50 > £80. A new unit from Korea is about £150 with express postage. The price from Hyundai in the UK is a mouthwatering £370 !

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I finally had my car repaired and hopefully the following information may help somebody else that encounters the same problem with the P2015 error code.

Being unable to drive the car it was taken to a garage and the swirl flap manifold was removed, cleaned refitted however the fault code P2015 returned. I was hopeful that cleaning the manifold would resolve the problem however it appeared that a new actuator was going to be the only solution.

The cost of the actuator part number 28381-27450 was around £370 from UK suppliers however I bought a new one on eBay from Korea for about £115 and paid an extra £17 for express delivery that took about a week.

It has now been fitted and the car appears to be OK now with no fault codes apparent.

The cost of the initial manifold removal, cleaning and putting back together and testing was quite labour intensive, about 5 hours.

With hindsight the better option would have been to change the part in the first instance as it is quite assessable being at the front of the engine block. The actuator is bolted with 3 bolts to the end of the manifold and can be seen just to the left of the battery on the 2.2 Diesel engine.

Cleaning the swirl flap manifold will hopefully improve MPG and performance by improving air flow and is some comfort to the cost of removal, cleaning and refitting.
The swirl flaps on the Hyundai 2.2 engine are metal and superior to plastic flaps fitted to Ford, BMW and other makes. The horror story of failed plastic swirl flaps is that the plastic fatigues and breaks and goes into the engine resulting in engine failure.

Hopefully this has addressed the problem.

Peter

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I forgot to mention is that before the Swirl Flap Actuator was replaced there was quite often a faint popping noise when the engine initially started which is no longer apparent and may have been an indication that the actuator was failing. Since it has been repaired there is no popping noise and iit appears to be much more lively so at least the repair appears to have had a noticeable effect.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts