Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i'm 2 hours away on military detail and i went through the car wash. Hit the gas and bam...CEL, and its saying P1326. 2011 GLS 2.4. Went in for the free oil change associated with a recall or computer update, whichever they did i can't remember. Only been 2k miles. Issue is, the car has 142k on it. Oil still looks fine. Is this something i can fix or what am i up against? The online responses i see don't look promising. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
It may have detected bearing noise but I'm not sure if that throws up the knock sensor fault code. I suggest a visit to the dealer.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The oil looks good too, and theres no noise that i can hear that would sound like a rod knock.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
You may not be able to hear it but the code is triggered by bearing knock after the ECU upgrade. They have a very good warranty on those engines.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Go to a reputable Hyundai dealer. They are independently owned. I've heard a lady with 186k go in and get a new motor.

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Went to a guy i knew at kia and he gave me hyundai's customer service number. She had me at ease right away. Anything thats wrong with definitely be covered, even a new motor. And that comes with a loaner car. And with the lawsuit all theta engines will now have a lifetime warranty come 2020.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks guys. Went to a guy i knew at kia and he gave me hyundai's customer service number. She had me at ease right away. Anything thats wrong with definitely be covered, even a new motor. And that comes with a loaner car. And with the lawsuit all theta engines will now have a lifetime warranty come 2020.
I wonder if that will apply to replacement motors, in case they also fail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts