Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am working on a 2000 accent with auto trans a4af3 (aka POS) and can not figure out what is wrong with it. The car goes into first ok but when it is time for 2nd the engine winds up and will not shift. If I let off the gas it will shift on its own however sometimes it feels like its spinning out of control. I pulled the pan this weekend and found no bearing pieces in the pan. I changed the valve body/solenoid pack with a spare I had in my garage. Put everything back together and bam same problem. I changed the range switch and a/b pulse generators....Still same thing. Does anyone have any idea on how to check the signal imput to the solenoids without having that hyundai manual shift tool? The guy I bought the car from said it was an instant failure meaning it was working fine one day and the next boom not working.... I am thinking the tcm is not sending the power to shift the solenoids....Any ideas? Ooh I have already cleaned the grounds, fuse in firewall and checked the fluid level....

1 - 1 of 1 Posts