Hyundai Forums banner

201 - 211 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I'm new to this forum, My 2000 Hyundai Accent hatchback is giving some issues in 1st and second gear, When I start the car in the morning and drive , it is smooth for first 5 mins. Then once I get into the routine of shifting back and forth in traffic, it becomes rough, sometimes slotting into 1/2 is pretty difficult.

Would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, I have been unable to locate the larger splined shaft (w)42675E. Witt trans is out of stock, and I have been unable to find any other listings online....I have read and searched all over posts and no luck...does anyone know what the the oem Hyundai part number is (they couldn't locate part in their system when I called them), or have any leads on who else sells it? thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks. I already checked fluid level and it is full. I've only had the car since April so I have no idea when the fluid was changed, but it doesn't look too dirty and it doesn't smell burnt. What input and output sensors are you refering to? Thanks again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have read all posts in this thread this morning, excellent, by the way! As is the video clip on page 16 I think it is.
Hi guys and gals....I have this issue and now am looking at two transmissions both with under 100,00kms on them, one is acting up the other not yet......the good one is out of car with it's engine.
My question is.....this longer shaft that you discuss, could this be from the engines with larger displacements cc wise to help with the added power? IF so then that is where you could possibly find the longer shafts new by going after those vehicles using the same transmissions but have larger engines?
I have to decide IF I want to change both engine and tranny in one motion or just repair the tranny in the useable vehicle possibly using the good tranny's parts if they are good that is....? The engine and tranny that is out was treated with care and the one in vehicle on the road is nowhere as clean and well cared for. So I will fix tranny in good clean engine etc and swap out the entire powerplant if we feel that is best....?
Oh, I did also swap out the sensors and that solved it for a short while so I now know it has to be mechanical.

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, I have the parts out and fouind very little wrong with the good transmission except slight gaulling on the race for the thrust bearing and some rollers with pits in them. Also the inner bushing in the shaft is egg shaped, the seal is perfect but it's being replaced. The main issue now is....the idiot at Hyundai in the parts dept can't understand a frig'in thing when you try and describe the parts to him using the correct terminology!!!! And he's canadian so a language issue he doesn't have! So now I am forced to drive to him to show him personally what parts I need on his screen!!! AUGH!!!!!
Also I see and can't feel any wear in the drum where the race or back of the bearing rides, just polished.....so it just goes to show you, change your fluids regularly and things may just last longer than you expect.
I am not going to swap engines at the moment just install these new parts into the worn transmission that's acting up.
The other issue is there is another thread here that states it also could be an electrical short or break in the wires at the shifter, so I'll be going after that also.....

I hope to hear from anyone who has done this lately etc as to what else you have found and what else I could do while it's out or apart.
Thanks again
Jonathan

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well I'm back again....went to the dealership and I use that term very loosely......I took all parts and had the VIN# as they requested.....I expected to see on their PC screen the very well detailed pics of all parts required. NOPE!!! Not a chance! We stared at the screen for over 1/2 an hour and flipped from screen to screen trying to figure out which parts I needed. No way in **** could we figure them out. I casually asked him and he was very helpful, what they would do if they had a car in with the same issues...his simple answer was.....replace the entire transmission!!!!

So, I'm back looking for the exact manufacturers part#s for all 4 of the parts I need.

The needle bearings, the nut cover that the needle bearing rides on the brass bushing inside the splined shaft and the oil seal in the clutch drum.

I now have a serious headache from the stress from trying to deal with the idiotic system they are using and their mentality......if you can't find the simple parts.....change the entie thing!!!! ****!!!!
IF you can help me please do....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well ordered the parts from Witt in the end as there is nobody in Canada that has a frig'in clue about these things or internal trans parts it seems. They all want to sell you either trans jobs or transmissions....not the parts you actually want and need!!! I thank you all for this thread and will be getting the much needed parts in a week I hope.....I can't say enough about the friendly service I received from Witt as well....so helpfull!

·
Registered
1 Posts
What be compatible in an automatic transmission for my 2000 Hyundai Accent. A different year or another make and modle all together. The prices are outrages considering what the entire car is worth. Suggestions on a place with reasonable prices? i can't pay $5-700 for the part and another $4-500 install on a car that blue books at $1000-1200 thanks for your help

·
Registered
4 Posts
What be compatible in an automatic transmission for my 2000 Hyundai Accent. A different year or another make and modle all together. The prices are outrages considering what the entire car is worth. Suggestions on a place with reasonable prices? i can't pay $5-700 for the part and another $4-500 install on a car that blue books at $1000-1200 thanks for your help

I have both dealt and understand your pain when it comes to finding parts for these cars. My engine went out in 2015 when the timing belt failed when driving. I did a ton of calling around to local junk yards to find a "good" base engine to build a replacement. I would suggest the same, find one buy it and then go thought it before you install in car. I also did a bit of research on how to pick a good transmission from a junk yard. I did not want to buy something that was not workable. Good Luck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealing with PO734......Wiil the OD hardware parts from a 2011 a4af3 interchange with a 2005 a4af3? An oppertunity to buy a crash car trans. that is aready out of car for $75 110000 mi.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know but I would say for 75 bucks I would grab it and then figure it out later

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

201 - 211 of 211 Posts