Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2001 XG 300l. I always bragged about the car and how well it drove.
About a year ago I had the faithful check engine light come on. took it to the dealer and the replaced the input speed sensor. I dont remember how much it cost me but it wasn't cheap.
Now I am having the same problem. I decided to get the error codes read and see if it was something that
I may be able to fix. The code was P0115 and P0715. I looked up the codes and replaced the engine coolant temp sensor
and the input speed sensor. I no longer have the P0115 code but I still have the P0715 code. I had it cleared and the engine light stayed off for about 2 blocks then came on again. The same error code P0715. Every time I clear it it comes back on after driving two or three blocks. I double checked the connection to make sure I didn't leave anything loose.
Now the problem I have is how do I get rid of the P0715 code so that I would be able to drive the car.
P.S. My air condition stopped working also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I put in the input speed sensor so I may as well put in the output speed sensor, What have I got to loose.
I will post a reply as soon as I replace the output sensor.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there any way of checkig the speed sensor without a scope ?
It looks like it's a prox switch.
If it's working I should be able to see a pulse or something like that, shouldn't I ?

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Yeah, I'm sure you can check it, but it may not tell you if you have an intermittent problem. I'd just go ahead and get new ones, they're cheap enough, I wouldn't trust my diagnostics abilities.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Sep 19 2010, 08:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=357185
Yeah, I'm sure you can check it, but it may not tell you if you have an intermittent problem. I'd just go ahead and get new ones, they're cheap enough, I wouldn't trust my diagnostics abilities.

How are you clearing the code ?? We have to actually go into the Trans control module and clear the code, in "P" with engine off and key "ON" ..... along with clearing PCM of the request code.

Just hitting the PCM and calling it a day will do nothing (a lot of times) for the TCM..

The input and output sensors is HALL EFFECT,,, and we can scope the pattern using the SCOPE function on HI-SCAN and watch pattern.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can anyone tell me how to clear the codes from the TCM ?
I only know how to clear the codes with the ODB2 scanner.
I read somewhere that the codes should be cleared from the TCM but no-one ever said how to do it.
I would really appreciate it if someone told me how to do it.
Thanks everyone for your input, Keep up the good work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know that disconnecting the battery will clear the ODB error codses but will it clear the code in the TCM also ?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried clearing the codes by disconnecting the battery. It seemed to clear everything but as soon as I went about 1 block it came back on. I am going to try to replace the output speed sensor and if that dosent work I will be lookig to un-load this vehicle and buy American pref..a Dodge... I have a Dodge now for about 8 years and never had to do anything except the PM's. Can't beet that..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts