Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there is a TSB for this code. It appeared and went away. Car has been incredible for the 3 years I've owned it (I'm 2nd owner). No issues at all. I maintain it myself and am happy with everything about it.

I am aware of the engine fiascos, however, which make me nervous any time I see the light come on.

I got the light this week, but it went off the next day. Not come on again, but I expect it to.

Question: I've seen several recommend drain/replace trans fluid at 60k - 100k. Will this help in the situation or is this code very specific to the harness and TSB?

·
Registered
318 Posts
.... Question: I've seen several recommend drain/replace trans fluid at 60k - 100k. Will this help in the situation or is this code very specific to the harness and TSB?
D/F would be a waste of time and $$ spent on the fluid IMO. Either the trans temp sensor or harness is failing, and both will need to be replaced. And that's the perfect opportunity to (first) open the drain bolt and drain the fluid. Doing it that way makes for less of a mess when removing the valve body cover to replace the sensor and harness. Unfortunately this will be a hefty repair bill, unless you DIY.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Kiaguy1.

So I shouldn't expect the dealership to cover the cost to repair, since it's not an "official recall notice", but a TSB? I would need to plan on covering that cost?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Thanks Kiaguy1.

So I shouldn't expect the dealership to cover the cost to repair, since it's not an "official recall notice", but a TSB? I would need to plan on covering that cost?
That is unfortunately correct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts