Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a check engine light for about 1 day during some cold temperatures here... After about a day the light went out... I have a simple DTC reader and I get a P0713 code shown in the code reader... According to a google search that has something to do with " transmission fluid temperature sensor high input" .. Any thoughts?
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor High Input

Read more: P0713 HYUNDAI Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor High Input
Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor High Input

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
0711 / 0712 / 0713 will get you a new trans temp sensor-harness assembly and 6qt of SP4-M oil..

If you an original owner, or 5yr/60, you win FREE parts replacement and ATF oil

Been doing harness/sensor replace for couple yr,, plenty running around that aint been change yet

46307-3B050 harness I think it is

00232-19057 SP4-M (need 6 for turbo trans)

Actually a TSB on this concern from couple yr ago... States "If you see this concern, this is how we want you to effect repair"

Pic of harness,, 3B650 is for std 2.4L,, 3B050 for Turbo is identical, but section that bolt to trans case is grey with wider bolt hole spacing

Temp sensor is now integrated to harness, not 2piece (sensor plug into harness)

Connector end through A/T case,, black plastic here is grey on the Turbo harness, with bolt hole spacing farther apart,, shaft speed sensor pigtail plugs in here also (plastic piece that bolt to inside trans case)

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
0711 / 0712 / 0713 will get you a new trans temp sensr-harness assembly and 6qt of SP4-M oil... if you an original owner, or 5yr/60, you win FREE parts replacement and ATF oil

Been doing harness/sensor replace for couple yr,, plenty running around that aint been change yet

46307-3B050 harness I think it is

00232-19057 SP4-M (need 6 for turbo trans)

Sounds good, thank you... I am not the original owner... I bought the car "off lease" and it only had 10,000 miles at the time... I now have 22,000 miles and they gave me the 10 yr/100,000 warranty as part of the sales deal... Now when I read the code with my cheapo reader I also pushed the erase button... Was that a mistake on my part to do?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Sounds good, thank you... I am not the original owner... I bought the car "off lease" and it only had 10,000 miles at the time... I now have 22,000 miles and they gave me the 10 yr/100,000 warranty as part of the sales deal... Now when I read the code with my cheapo reader I also pushed the erase button... Was that a mistake on my part to do?

YOU JUST LOST YOUR FREE CHICKEN DINNER................

NEVER EVER ERASE DTC,,, you show at dealer for warranty repair, and I scan it and find no DTC to print from FAULT CODE SEARCH,, Hyundai Motor will not pay claim for part, oil, and labor,,HYUNDAI can now see what I scan /find on GDS (GDS E-REPORT button on my screen now)..

If Hyundai were to do audit / DPSM review ticket on next visit,, no GDS print reflecting DTC, dealer just bought a sensor replacement..

Scroll back up and see pics of part,,, though part number for 2.4L,, Turbo part identical except 1 minor detail

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YOU JUST LOST YOUR FREE CHICKEN DINNER................

NEVER EVER ERASE DTC,,, you show at dealer for warranty repair, and I scan it and find no DTC to print from FAULT CODE SEARCH,, Hyundai Motor will not pay claim for part, oil, and labor,,HYUNDAI can now see what I scan /find on GDS (GDS E-REPORT button on my screen now)..

If Hyundai were to do audit / DPSM review ticket on next visit,, no GDS print reflecting DTC, dealer just bought a sensor replacement..

Scroll back up and see pics of part,,, though part number for 2.4L,, Turbo part identical except 1 minor detail
Hmmmmm.... Let me clarify.... The Check Engine Light went OFF before I scanned for the code... When I scanned for the code today I got the P0713 code... Being a dummy I pushed the erase button on my scan tool (Actron CP9125)... After your response I just went out and scanned it again and the P0713 still shows up in my code reader but the Check Engine Light still remains OFF...

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hmmmmm.... Let me clarify.... The Check Engine Light went OFF before I scanned for the code... When I scanned for the code today I got the P0713 code... Being a dummy I pushed the erase button on my scan tool (Actron CP9125)... After your response I just went out and scanned it again and the P0713 still shows up in my code reader but the Check Engine Light still remains OFF...

0713 is not a "fatal" engine/catalyst damaging code.. so light will dis-appear after "x" number of key cycle,, but still remain in memory until it is actually cleared from memory with scan tool..

If DTC there now,, LEAVE IT THERE.... go to dealer and job line 1 on ticket should read ---> "Customer states MIL,, had to auto part store and found P0713"..

ask for copy of complete fault code search, they can print multiples to attach to ticket for documentation, and reset adaptive learn after repair,, you want screen shot also, they can print that, I do to prove I did the work,, and finally, install PCM update (latest for 0171/0420 while GDS plugged in).. Screen shot also of the event screen after ROM is read, they can print that

Sign ticket and leave,, let them call you when done,, verify parts on receipt to those I gave you

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
0713 is not a "fatal" engine/catalyst damaging code.. so light will dis-appear after "x" number of key cycle,, but still remain in memory until it is actually cleared from memory with scan tool..

If DTC there now,, LEAVE IT THERE.... go to dealer and job line 1 on ticket should read ---> "Customer states MIL,, had to auto part store and found P0713"..

ask for copy of complete fault code search, they can print multiples to attach to ticket for documentation, and reset adaptive learn after repair,, you want screen shot also, they can print that, I do to prove I did the work,, and finally, install PCM update (latest for 0171/0420 while GDS plugged in).. Screen shot also of the event screen after ROM is read, they can print that

Sign ticket and leave,, let them call you when done,, verify parts on receipt to those I gave you
You are an amazing source of information! Thank you so much! I will follow your instructions exactly... Thanks again...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, I’ve also got a diagnostic done and they said I had a faulty transmission temperature sensor and said the part that I needed to replace was the 46307-3B050.. where is it located?

·
Registered
244 Posts
inside the transmission side cover

·
Registered
244 Posts
I have not done this, but according to the service manual, you drain the fluid, remove the intake to the grill, remove the battery and tray, then remove side cover, then harness and sensor, some sensors are part of the harness.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts