Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys so I changed my transmission sensor but my check engine light still comes on. The Indy shop I took it to did the adaptive reset without a GDS or HI Scan pro. They do not have one. Closest dealer is far. Does anyone have any idea if resetting it with these tools is mandatory, it says the GDS is required to reset all cars starting with the year 2005 on the tsb's Are all other tools useless? Did anyone's CEL come on when they didn't use the GDS to reset.

·
Registered
13,356 Posts
I don't know too much about transmission control systems because we don't see too many auto boxes here in the UK, but generally, adaption data can be erased just by disconnecting the car battery for a while. I wouldn't take what a Hyundai TSB says about scan tools as gospel. The TSBs are aimed specifically at the Hyundai dealer network which all have GDS/Hyscan. You don't necessarily need a Hyundai dealer tool to do the job.

But maybe clearing the adaption data isn't the problem. Has the tech in the shop used his scan tool data list to confirm that the TCM is seeing a plausible value from the sensor? Maybe the sensor itself wasn't the problem and the TCM still isn't happy with the signal voltage it's seeing, causing it to keep logging the code....just a thought.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts