Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please ignore the last thread I posted about a P0700.. I just wanted to do an update so I just thought I would do a new thread anyways.. so here it is! I got a P0700 - Transmission Control System(MIL REQUEST) and a P0711 - Transmission Fluid Temp. Sensor A Circut Range/Performance. and also a third code again as P0711 and its pending. so what do I look for and need some info about these codes. and has anybody else been faced with this problem and what did they do to fix it and how much $$ did it cost? its for a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe - 2.7 Liter with 192,000kms oh and btw when I was driving it today it was doing some rough or hard shift at random times between different gears but down shifting through all gears was fine.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Replace the ATF temp sensor.. you'll need a replacement sensor, probably 5 qt (grab 6) ATF.. I seem to think the side pan is sealed with RTV, so grab a tube of the Hyundai RTV while you at dealer, or PERMATEX ULTRA in color of choice.. May have to dump coolant to get hose out of way also.

When you put the side pan back on,, if it is RTV, allow a couple hr to set up before refill with oil..

2006, you'll want Hyundai to reset the adaptive learn to get rid of learned bad habits with faulty temp sensor.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
thanks sbr711 how much will the part cost
Call the Hyundai dealer parts dept, fella look it up for you.. part number good at the KIA dealer if Hyundai fella not have it on shelf,, we keep a couple of them, and have run out too.. more car in shop than we have sensor in stock.

and how long will it take to do it
Maybe 2 hr if taking time on a rack,, worst part of job is the clean-up/prep for new RTV for side pan to A/T case.. longer with out rack and not knowing where you going right away with what all need to be removed to get there

and where is the sensor located?
On the valve body, inside the "side pan"

Refer to previous post with some details already posted

1 - 4 of 4 Posts