Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I've got a 2003 Santa Fe 2.4 L with a manual transmission. The car sat for a couple of years due to an issue with a trailing arm and I've now been working on it since January. When I got it driveable, code came up. P0507 "RPM higher than expected". It used to idle close to 2k RPMs, but since my girlfriend tried driving it (and stalled it), it idled closer to around 1k-1.5k. Since I've replaced the IAC valve and the TPS, it consistently idles at 1k, yet the code persists. I've cleaned everything having to do with the intake (aside from the manifold itself), checked for vacuum leaks, performed resets, searched online on existing forums and videos, and whatever the issue is still eludes me. A buddy of mine wants to smoke test it just to be certain that there aren't any leaks, but I'm honestly just about ready to have another mechanic figure it out for me. I'm giving it one last attempt here. Please let me know if any of you have experienced this. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Check your fuel pressure regulator. Disconnect the vacuum hose going to it and smell it. If it smells like gasoline then your regulator is bad.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Let your buddy smoke it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts