Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow forum users,

Recently I was out of town for a couple weeks and my 2005 Hyundai Sonata 2.7L V6 had been sitting for that time. When I came back and took it to refuel, the gas station pump would click off even before filling up the entire tank. Just to make sure I tried other gas stations but the result was the same. I just filled up half way and decided to tackle the issue some time later.

Now its been a week since that refill and I have a P0455 code. Any inputs or suggestions on where can I start troubleshooting and what components should I look at particularly?

I have owned this car for a year now(from 88000 miles) and it has almost 95000 miles on it now. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Hello fellow forum users,

Recently I was out of town for a couple weeks and my 2005 Hyundai Sonata 2.7L V6 had been sitting for that time. When I came back and took it to refuel, the gas station pump would click off even before filling up the entire tank. Just to make sure I tried other gas stations but the result was the same. I just filled up half way and decided to tackle the issue some time later.

Now its been a week since that refill and I have a P0455 code. Any inputs or suggestions on where can I start troubleshooting and what components should I look at particularly?

I have owned this car for a year now(from 88000 miles) and it has almost 95000 miles on it now. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks.
Change out your purge control valve.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I finally figured out the problem, it is the Canister Vent Solenoid.

Now I have removed the vent solenoid and the canister as well because of the solenoid placement. My only question is can I drive the car without these parts till I get replacement from the part shop?

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I finally figured out the problem, it is the Canister Vent Solenoid.

Now I have removed the vent solenoid and the canister as well because of the solenoid placement. My only question is can I drive the car without these parts till I get replacement from the part shop?
Yes, they are just part of the emission control system. It should be fixed, but it can still be driven.
Is it possible you have a piece of charcoal from the canister stuck in the solenoid? It might be OK, but the canister may have failed. If you search, you will find all kinds of info on these things failing, and a couple ways to fix them other than buying a new $100+ canister. The P0455 code would indicate the valve was stuck open. The "slow fill" symptom is typical of a failed canister.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts