Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
My check engine light is driving me nuts. I just replaced the purge valve and bought a new gas cap. I also cleared the code but it cameback again....not sure what to do anymore, the car drive well no issue whatsoever ( 2013 Hyundai accent )

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hello everyone,
My check engine light is driving me nuts. I just replaced the purge valve and bought a new gas cap. I also cleared the code but it cameback again....not sure what to do anymore, the car drive well no issue whatsoever ( 2013 Hyundai accent )
It takes many miles of driving at numerous speeds for the code to clear. Give it several days.
OR,
you can disconnect the battery, and that resets the ECU.
If the same code comes back, after reset of ECU, then you still have a problem like a vacuum leak, etc.

·
Registered
277 Posts
I know some Accents of that model year had a software update the stated purpose of which was to fix that code. (It did some other things too) They sent me a letter about it for mine. I took mine in and the 441 code has never returned. A dealership service dept. can update the ECU if the software is not up to date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you replace your purge valve, make sure you install a genuine Hyundai purge valve. Otherwise, the electrical resistance will be incorrect (20 ohms vs. 30 ohms for the genuine part), the check engine light will reappear, you'll get an evap control circuit error, and your car will still want to stall out when you fill it up.

You can get a genuine Hyundai purge valve for about $25 on Amazon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts