Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Entourage Limited with 180,967 miles. Just started with a code every few weeks of P0420. I just need to know which catalytic converter is related with this code (I know bank 1) but which converter is bank one???

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
I was getting this code on my Accent. I ended up changing the second O2 and an extender (anti plug fouler) for the O2 sensor. The code has not come back since.

Good luck getting the old O2 out. Mine broke loose easy enough but it left the O2 threads int he bung. A thread chaser is needed but they will not cut new threads. So I had to use a smaller one to get the threads started, then chase it with the 18mx1.5 chaser. I used a 3/8" NPT thread cutter to start the threads.

Bank 1 is to the left when looking at the engine from the pulley side.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
07 Entourage Limited with 180,967 miles. Just started with a code every few weeks of P0420. I just need to know which catalytic converter is related with this code (I know bank 1) but which converter is bank one???

Drive it till the wheels fall off.. unless you have emission as part of license...

Bank 1 is rear (bulkhead side)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just replace my oxygen sensor on my Acura MDX 3.5 liter v-tech engine, but the engine light i s back on i just wondering If its the catalytic converter is not working propoerly and needs to be replace too as well? I need some feedbacks and sugestions what will i do to fix the problem.

·
Banned
6,990 Posts
I just replace my oxygen sensor on my Acura MDX 3.5 liter v-tech engine, but the engine light i s back on i just wondering If its the catalytic converter is not working propoerly and needs to be replace too as well? I need some feedbacks and sugestions what will i do to fix the problem.
Not exactly a Hyundai but lets do this anyway.
I'll make some assumptions....Your MDX set a P0420 code and you changed the post cat O2 sensor and that didn't help.
How am I doing?
Need the year of make and mileage.

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,844 Posts
I'd put a bung extender on it and if that does not help then a new cat.

·
Registered
83 Posts
My 07 also has the P0420 for the back bank cat. Almost certainly a result of the PO driving it while it was low on oil and making horrible noises. I now wish I had made a video of that engine and the noises it made before I yanked it. <cringe> And it's possible/probable that the CEL was on for the P0420 while she was still driving it. It never occurred to me to clear the codes and take it for a spin because I thought a rod would come out the side of the block at any second, LOL. I'll go with a new Hyundai cat in the near future. At work we have constant problems with the fit of aftermarket cats. They sure are cheaper but almost never fit properly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts