Hyundai Forums banner

P0320 Code

55K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  AUTOSPARK 
#1 ·
2004 Santa Fe tac is not working properly. I get a P0320 Code.Cold someone tell me how to repair this and where the part or sensor is located for this problem.

#3 ·
QUOTE (keymanrick @ Aug 6 2010, 04:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347634
2004 Santa Fe tac is not working properly. I get a P0320 Code.Cold someone tell me how to repair this and where the part or sensor is located for this problem.

0320 is applicable to both the 2.4 & 3.5......... Which engine you got ??

#5 ·
QUOTE (keymanrick @ Aug 7 2010, 01:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347809

General Description

Ignition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If PCM detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.

#6 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 7 2010, 10:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347883

General Description

Ignition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If PCM detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.
I can not find the IG Failure sensor at any auto parts stores. Could this part also be called a Camshaft sensor? It seems to look and be in the same place/ Thanks

#7 ·
QUOTE (keymanrick @ Aug 9 2010, 04:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348202
I can not find the IG Failure sensor at any auto parts stores. Could this part also be called a Camshaft sensor? It seems to look and be in the same place/ Thanks

Part number is : 27370-38000 (new part number) -- $80 and change, available at Hyundai and Kia dealer... spot on our shelf is currently empty this afternoon

#11 ·
My 2005 Hyundai Sonata Check Engine light came on. I took the vehicle to Advance Auto and had them put it on their machine. We received the following codes: PO 320 Ignition/Distributor Engine Speed Input Circuit shows confirmed and then show pending and P2422 Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck Closed shows pending. At the time we got these codes the tachometer was still working. The Check Engine light did go off for a while but has now come back on and the tachometer has quit working. What needs to be done to fix this and what is the estimated cost?

Thank you
Debbie

#13 ·
I just want to say Thank you.

I have an XG350. Last week the engine light came on. I pulled a code P0320 and saw that several components can cause the code. I came here and read the part number for the Ignition Misfire Sensor. At the time, I was having no problems with the Tac but figured that since that part was so accessible to change on the motor and cost me only $10 on Ebay, I would start there first. I ordered the part and the day before it arrived, the engine revved and the tac began jumping up and down before it stopped working. It took me 15 minutes to replace the part. I cleared the code and after two days of driving, everything seems back to normal thus far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.