Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5L V6, and all of this just happened within the last hour. The check engine light came on on my way home. I get home check the codes, and this is what I got. I figured I could worry about it after I gor other chores done. I guess not. I looked under the hood, and everything looked fine. Nothing was disconnected, the belt still was attached(I am guessing seprentine? the visible one about a foot inside of the right front tire. All of the fluids are acceptable levels. I could not see the timing belt. The un-neighborly guy my car stopped in front of would not allow me to keep it there until dark when traffic lessened. So I drove it the rest of the way to a friend's house. 17mph the whole way. Then when I parked, my car was idling 1k above normal, the car was idling at 2k in parked. I lifted up on the gas pedal and it was not depressed.

Recently, I switched the plastic gasket between the intake manifold and the metal part that connects to the rubber air intake hose. In order to repair an air leak. the old gasket was ripped. I also switched the spark plugs and wires, so unless that is improperly installed, then that is unlikely the problem. I have put about 500 miles on it since then. I am also about 500 miles past the recommend time to change the timing belt.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts