Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can I get to Fuel Injectors? There is a heat shield above them with sensor preventing me from getting it off. Also, the oil is black and lossing a qt. every 800 miles. Can this causing the code?

·
Registered
8,175 Posts
If there is enough wear in the #4 compression rings this may cause the code. The oil being black in itself would not but points to poor maintenance that may have caused the wear.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
How can I get to Fuel Injectors? There is a heat shield above them with sensor preventing me from getting it off. Also, the oil is black and lossing a qt. every 800 miles. Can this causing the code?
When was your oil last changed? Does the oil smell? The fault is for power contribution. It don't mean the injector is bad. You could have internal problems or electrical.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Injectors,, remove intake manifold,, then GDI delivery pipe to rail (install new pipe at re-assemble-- 1 time use ends).. torque 21 lb-ft..

May as well replace all 4 injector and seals - rings.. they operate via 55v... so dont goof with the electrical end, instructors said it'll put you in world of hurt if you get zapped...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is a 2013 Sonata with 179000 miles. The oil had been change every 7000 mile. I notice after using high milage blend oil, Quaker State, Peznoil. Now using Castol Udua Clean 5w20 every 3500 miles. Also, used motor flush twice (about 20000 between). Fuel injector cleaner a number of times. Used CRC GDI Intake Cleaner 3 times.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Follow sbr711 and do all the injectors. I have no faith in the stuff you pour into the tank.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Dont pour anything in crankcase except motor oil......... Dont need anything in fuel tank other than clean fuel each fill up

Reactions: grcauto
1 - 7 of 7 Posts