Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all I'm new here so I hope I got this right.
I have a 2006 tiburon 's 2.0l and I have a p0268 code popping up along with a misfire ( I'm almost 100% sure they are related). Anywhat I was wondering what will cause a high circuit. I have already changed the injector and pigtail connector and not sure where else to look. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
A high circuit code could be caused by the the injector control wire being shorted to a B+. With 12V on each side of the injector no current can flow and the injector can't open to inject the fuel, so your right that the code and the misfire are related.

Is it a permanent fault or is it only happening intermittently? Obviously intermittent makes it much more difficult to diagnose.

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
0268 come back as high resistance in the cylinder 3 injector circuit,,, injector coil open, open on power side, or open on driver side.. anything between injector all back to PCM..

Open circuit on injector will not drive injector to provide fuel for that cylinder,,,, no fuel, no fire,, hence the misfire code

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
No wonder our jobs are so difficult. I just had a look at the Hyundai description of this code....clear as mud.
At least according to Hyundai we're both right. Even although what you said is the exact opposite of what I did :laugh:

Attachments

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
No wonder our jobs are so difficult. I just had a look at the Hyundai description of this code....clear as mud.
At least according to Hyundai we're both right. Even although what you said is the exact opposite of what I did :laugh:

Yep.. I still aint gots one of the Ker-english books yet..
I call tech assist, they say that calls may be recorded for quality/training,,, I dont care, I'll give them 2+ cents worth of mouth for the clear as mud explanations, lack of info that provided to dealer techs, and then have to call for clarification..

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Hi all I'm new here so I hope I got this right.
I have a 2006 tiburon 's 2.0l and I have a p0268 code popping up along with a misfire ( I'm almost 100% sure they are related). Anywhat I was wondering what will cause a high circuit. I have already changed the injector and pigtail connector and not sure where else to look. Any help will be appreciated thanks in advance.
P0268 means problems with injector on cylinder number 3.
Possibly problem with injector or wiring.
Since you have replaced the injector then suspicion would be on the wiring

Check the wring for short to power B+
Check for open wires
Visual inspection of wiring harness especially near metal and exhaust
At connectors, look for bent pins or burnt pins or corrosion
Look for frayed insulation or corrosion

Good luck

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It is a permanent code I checked the wires where I spliced them together to the new connector I will have to remove the rest of the wire cover tomorrow thank you for your insight

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Stupid question for the 2 wires that connect to the fuel injector I'm assuming 1 is positive and 1 negative correct?
What should the voltage be?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
Two wires.
One is common and are tied to together from the other injectors
This one is battery voltage from the ECU
The second wire goes to the ECU and switches from being high resistance to a short to ground (on)

Ground side switching to control the injectors
Basically the injectors are a coil and move a piece or something which blocks the flow of fuel
When the injectors get ground, the power supplied to them is then allowed to let current flow
The current moves the piece in the injectors. When ground side switching is back to high resistance (off)
Then the return spring moves the piece back to position to block the flow of fuel.
So, normally closed fuel injectors.

·
Registered
13,373 Posts
Stupid question for the 2 wires that connect to the fuel injector I'm assuming 1 is positive and 1 negative correct?
What should the voltage be?
Yeah. If you look at all your injector connectors you'll probably notice that there's one wire that is common to each. That will be the 12V supply. The other wire is the control wire that routes back to the PCM. As avisitor says, the ECU controls the injector by switching (or pulsing) the control wire to ground. The longer the pulse the more fuel that is injected. If you were to check the voltage on both wires with the engine off (ignition on), they would both show 12V since the control wire is open circuit when the engine isn't running. The voltage on the control wire should drop when the engine is started and reduce further as the engine RPM increases. The ground pulses increase in length because the engine needs more fuel at higher RPM causing the voltage measured on the wire to reduce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts