Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
TSB number?

Repalce the sensor...

TSB covers 0153 and 0133 slow response --> it is a program update..

There is program for intermittent hesitation,, and program for shift feel improvementn I thinjk it is.. plug in GDS, go to ECU UPGRADE< and it'll list what is available if not donee yet based on ROM search.

I'm having P0150 and P0153 come up as the check engine light comes up. I'm taking my 2006 Tucson 2.7L to the dealer to perform 2 recalls and 1 service campaign. At the same time, I would like them to update the PCM/ECM software so hopefully these codes (and check engine light) go away. Is there a specific software number / revision that I need to ask for? Is this free of charge? Or is it going to cost an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
6 Posts
There would be a service charge,, they need to plug in GDS, ID vehicle, enter the ECU UPDATE screen, AUTO Mode, Next, If it pop up Engine as choice, select ENGINE, read ROM,, if anything available to update, it'll pop up in menu below.... always use latest version to be current

Hyundai Motor picks up the (3) recalls,,, you be responsible for the GDS time
So, I replaced the sensor, 350 miles later the check engine came back on. It is still giving me the P0150 code. I'm taking the car to the dealer for an ECU update, they will charge $135 for an hour of labor. Hopefully this will clear up the check engine light...I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2.7L ECM UPDATE - MIL ON WITH DTC P0130/P0150

DESCRIPTION:

This bulletin provides information related to the ECM software update of some 2005-2006MY TUCSON (JM), SANTA FE (SM) or TIBURON (GK) vehicles with 2.7L engines that experience a malfunction indicator lamp illuminated with either of the following ECM (Electronic Control Module) related DTC:

- P0130: O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank1/ Sensor 1)
- P0150: O2 Sensor Circuit Malfunction (Bank2/ Sensor 1)

NOTE: This ECM reflash does not require oxygen sensor replacement.

Models: 2005-2006MY TUCSON (JM), SANTA FE (SM), TIBURON (GK) vehicles
with 2.7L engines.

Affected Vehicle Production Date Range: All
I'm running out of options here. I took my Tucson to the dealer, 10 miles before arriving the check engine light turned off by itself. Anyways, I asked them to update the ECM with their latest software per the Service Bulletin. They did. 20 miles after this was completed, check engine turns on. I got home and cleaned the connector contacts and as of this morning it is still on. Any other possible causes for P0150?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which O2 sensor did you install? I changed both my S1 sensors in my 05 Sportage with the 2.7 when I got it and chased my tail with those codes for 3 months only to find out that the supposedly compatible Boschs I installed were not compatible. I installed NTKs and the codes and drivability issues went away.
I replaced the O2 sensor in Bank 2 Sensor 1, I used Bosch.

So a quick update, my check engine light turns On/Off by itself every 50-100 miles...not sure what to do next. The car runs great, I don't notice anything wrong with it. I might give it a shot on those NTKs sensors...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Which O2 sensor did you install? I changed both my S1 sensors in my 05 Sportage with the 2.7 when I got it and chased my tail with those codes for 3 months only to find out that the supposedly compatible Boschs I installed were not compatible. I installed NTKs and the codes and drivability issues went away.
I replaced the O2 sensor in Bank 2 Sensor 1, I used Bosch.

So a quick update, my check engine light turns On/Off by itself every 50-100 miles...not sure what to do next. The car runs great, I don't notice anything wrong with it. I might give it a shot on those NTKs sensors...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.