Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting this code: P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit (Bank 2 Sensor 1) on my 2004 Santa Fe

Is this something I can fix myself.

I need some guidance please.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (jsinton @ Aug 8 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348001
Four cylinder or six?

Bank 2 will make it a six cylinder... but then we need to know if it a 2.7 or 3.5 :thumbsup:

2.7 --> 39210-37530 Hyundai or Kia dealer should have on shelf for you...

3.5 --> dont have number here at house

Both engines have a few PCM/TCM upgrades available, 1 being Ox swnsor logic for 2.7... come up with engine or edit into you drives vehicle info, I can detail the list of programs for you to update..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 8 2010, 05:35 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348053
Bank 2 will make it a six cylinder... but then we need to know if it a 2.7 or 3.5 :thumbsup:

2.7 --> 39210-37530 Hyundai or Kia dealer should have on shelf for you...

3.5 --> dont have number here at house

Both engines have a few PCM/TCM upgrades available, 1 being Ox swnsor logic for 2.7... come up with engine or edit into you drives vehicle info, I can detail the list of programs for you to update..
I have a 2.7

Is this sensor easy to replace?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (JaxRolo @ Aug 8 2010, 08:48 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348069
I have a 2.7

Is this sensor easy to replace?

Not too hard, it is kinda tight there between radiator and A/C line-Ox sensor body... best done cold so you dont burn hands or fingers..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand there are 2 different O2 sensors depending on Manufacture year maybe? And they are not supposed to be interchangeable. How do I know which one I need?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Up to '03 was titania, 2004 and later are Zirconia, cannt mix them, the connectors wont fit each other

Go to dealer, have VIN in hand, and parts fella will look it up by VIN, and it will select the correct part... Part number I gave is based off TSB advising to part change for 2004 and up..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Aug 9 2010, 05:43 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=348234
Up to '03 was titania, 2004 and later are Zirconia, cannt mix them, the connectors wont fit each other

Go to dealer, have VIN in hand, and parts fella will look it up by VIN, and it will select the correct part... Part number I gave is based off TSB advising to part change for 2004 and up..
Thanks for your help! You've been great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same problem, getting an OBDII read stating O2 Sensor Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1. The check engine light comes on about 20-80 miles then we reset it. Doing OBDII data read for about 5 miles shows the sensor stating present then flicking to not present once in awhile. This just started about 500 miles ago, right after the dealership changed the Timing belt. Could this be a loose wire from their workmanship? We are afraid to take back to this dealership due to the problems with the mechanics.

When we got the car back, the air box wasn't even connected. They had forgot to clamp the intake and ex take hoses. Bolts missing, Wires/cables not being clamped in.

Again, could this be a wire or faulty install or should I just replace the o2 sensor?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
What is the specific code you have ?

There is program for a set of codes depending on what you have for code.

·
Registered
2 Posts
software states:

Trouble Codes: P0150
O2 Sensor Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 1

When data viewing for 5 minutes of drive time. The software log shows that same o2 sensor showing present, then not present, Like a loose wire or maybe this is how it starts failing?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Repalce the sensor...

TSB covers 0153 and 0133 slow response --> it is a program update..

There is program for intermittent hesitation,, and program for shift feel improvementn I thinjk it is.. plug in GDS, go to ECU UPGRADE< and it'll list what is available if not donee yet based on ROM search.

·
Registered
6 Posts
TSB number?

Repalce the sensor...

TSB covers 0153 and 0133 slow response --> it is a program update..

There is program for intermittent hesitation,, and program for shift feel improvementn I thinjk it is.. plug in GDS, go to ECU UPGRADE< and it'll list what is available if not donee yet based on ROM search.

I'm having P0150 and P0153 come up as the check engine light comes up. I'm taking my 2006 Tucson 2.7L to the dealer to perform 2 recalls and 1 service campaign. At the same time, I would like them to update the PCM/ECM software so hopefully these codes (and check engine light) go away. Is there a specific software number / revision that I need to ask for? Is this free of charge? Or is it going to cost an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I'm having P0150 and P0153 come up as the check engine light comes up. I'm taking my 2006 Tucson 2.7L to the dealer to perform 2 recalls and 1 service campaign. At the same time, I would like them to update the PCM/ECM software so hopefully these codes (and check engine light) go away. Is there a specific software number / revision that I need to ask for? Is this free of charge? Or is it going to cost an arm and a leg? Thanks in advance!

There would be a service charge,, they need to plug in GDS, ID vehicle, enter the ECU UPDATE screen, AUTO Mode, Next, If it pop up Engine as choice, select ENGINE, read ROM,, if anything available to update, it'll pop up in menu below.... always use latest version to be current

Hyundai Motor picks up the (3) recalls,,, you be responsible for the GDS time

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Upgrades for the 2.7, you say?? How does one go about acquiring pcm updates?

·
Registered
6 Posts
There would be a service charge,, they need to plug in GDS, ID vehicle, enter the ECU UPDATE screen, AUTO Mode, Next, If it pop up Engine as choice, select ENGINE, read ROM,, if anything available to update, it'll pop up in menu below.... always use latest version to be current

Hyundai Motor picks up the (3) recalls,,, you be responsible for the GDS time
So, I replaced the sensor, 350 miles later the check engine came back on. It is still giving me the P0150 code. I'm taking the car to the dealer for an ECU update, they will charge $135 for an hour of labor. Hopefully this will clear up the check engine light...I will keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts