Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I meant to ask, in your second photo there is a blue wire coming out of the harness. Was the wiring like that when you started or was that done by yourself when you were tracing the wiring through the harness?
I did that when I made a bad assumption. I assumed that was the blue wire from C149. I am learning to never trust colors especially after this project.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I did that when I made a bad assumption. I assumed that was the blue wire from C149. I am learning to never trust colors especially after this project.
Oh, also that blue wire is pin 73 on C44-2. I have no idea where that goes. Guess I should try and track that down.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,761 Posts
The pink/black wire that you traced from the O2 sensor. Which connector at the PCM did it connect to? Was it the black one or the grey one?

·
Registered
13,761 Posts
The blue wire at pin# 73 is at connector C144-1 not C144-2, that is the shift signal.
I think part of the problem the OP is having here is it is not clear from the info you posted which connector C144-2 is. Is it supposed to be the black one or the grey one? That vital piece of info was missing from connector pinout diagram you posted earlier....too much zoom.

I'm also suspicious of the terminal numbering on that pinout diagram too. On other Delphi PCMs that I have diagrams for the terminals are numbered from the side of the connector that the harness enters on. On the pinout you posted the terminals are numbered from the opposite side. I think someone maybe messed up when they drew that diagram, which would explain why things aren't where the OP expects them to be.

Of course none of that is your fault, wongpfh. And we really do appreciate you sharing your info with us (y)

EDIT : It just occurred to me that maybe you don't know what that vital piece of info I was talking about above is.
At the bottom of the connector pinout diagram there is an ID code for the connector....see example below. The first part is a manufacturer code, which will be Delphi in this case. Then ECU is self explanatory. 80F tells us it's an 80 terminal female connector. And Gr is the connector colour..Grey.

We very rarely need to look at these ID codes but in this particular case it would be helpful because it tells us what colour the two PCM connectors are. That's a useful snippet of info to have when dealing with two connectors that are otherwise identical.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I think part of the problem the OP is having here is it is not clear from the info you posted which connector C144-2 is. Is it supposed to be the black one or the grey one? That vital piece of info was missing from connector pinout diagram you posted earlier....too much zoom.

I'm also suspicious of the terminal numbering on that pinout diagram too. On other Delphi PCMs that I have diagrams for the terminals are numbered from the side of the connector that the harness enters on. On the pinout you posted the terminals are numbered from the opposite side. I think someone maybe messed up when they drew that diagram, which would explain why things aren't where the OP expects them to be.

Of course none of that is your fault, wongpfh. And we really do appreciate you sharing your info with us (y)

EDIT : It just occurred to me that maybe you don't know what that vital piece of info I was talking about above is.
At the bottom of the connector pinout diagram there is an ID code for the connector....see example below. The first part is a manufacturer code, which will be Delphi in this case. Then ECU is self explanatory. 80F tells us it's an 80 terminal female connector. And Gr is the connector colour..Grey.

We very rarely need to look at these ID codes but in this particular case it would be helpful because it tells us what colour the two PCM connectors are. That's a useful snippet of info to have when dealing with two connectors that are otherwise identical.

View attachment 441337
I asked the question earlier, “could this car have been rewired and I think I just got my answer”. According to info above, both these connectors are supposed to be black, (see pic below from my service manual).

Looks like numbering is correct/different. See pic below.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
Here is my latest update on this odyssey.

I traced wiring for all 4 O2 sensors. Someone rewired all or at least part of this car (I bought it 2 years ago w/100k) as far as I can tell. The signal wires for B2/S1-S2 and B1/S1-S2 were reversed. In other words B1S2 was connected to pin 73 and B2S2 was connected to pin 74, B1S1 was connected to pin 70 and B2S1 was connected to pin 67. I guess since they were reversed but both were upstream/downstream it did not matter.

I pulled the B1S2 O2 sensor and tested resistance and not surprisingly I get a high reading, bouncing around between 100 and 190 Ohms. Then when I heat the tip and check voltage it shoots up to 1.8V and kind of hangs there.

So, I guess I will try new O2 sensor. I hate to throw parts at problems but this one I am willing to try.

·
Registered
13,761 Posts
pbennison said:
Someone rewired all or at least part of this car as far as I can tell.
I recon it's more likely it was wired wrong at the factory. I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of pulling all those PCM terminals and move them around.

Fingers crossed the new sensor fixes the problem, and I'm glad my faith in wongpfh's info has been restored.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
I recon it's more likely it was wired wrong at the factory. I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of pulling all those PCM terminals and move them around.

Fingers crossed the new sensor fixes the problem, and I'm glad my faith in wongpfh's info has been restored.
Wow is all I can say. The P0057 is gone! I cannot believe how many different ways this car tried to trick me. Thank you AUTOSPARK and wongpfh for your unbelievable assistance and even more unbelievable PATIENCE in helping me through this. I swear I was ready to bring this thing to the crusher and just be done with it. I hate electrical issues but I learned so much through this and never could have done it without your help.

Thanks so much!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Was this a result of replacing the sensor or has it just gone on it's own?
The sensor was bad. Issue was that that the wires were reversed so I was under the assumption it was B2S2 O2 sensor which I replaced. But, still got P0057 cuz, B2S2 was good.......so when I replaced B1S2 O2 sensor it went away....

Anyway....Thank you....so much appreciated...I learned a lot...

Hope this makes sense....

·
Registered
13,761 Posts
Yes, it makes perfect sense.
And well done for managing to figure that one out. That was a very unusual fault and I think it would have had most garages stumped.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts

View attachment 441337
Thanks for the Connector Info AUTOSPARK!

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
The sensor was bad. Issue was that that the wires were reversed so I was under the assumption it was B2S2 O2 sensor which I replaced. But, still got P0057 cuz, B2S2 was good.......so when I replaced B1S2 O2 sensor it went away....

Anyway....Thank you....so much appreciated...I learned a lot...

Hope this makes sense....
Job well done!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts