Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a P0014 code on my car for months now. It has had new cam angle sensors put in a variable vale timing solenoid put in and now a new timing chain and it has yet again thrown this code! My mechanic is stumped. This is costing me money I don't have and the timing chain just cost me 2grand. Anyone had any problems. The timing chain did need to be replaced as it was stretched, the mechanic measured it etc. The car is running like a dream but I am at my wits end. Anyone else had any problems. Wish I could just take a bulb out of the **** light hahaha. Help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying2:

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,597 Posts
Sorry, never had this issue.
Have read lots about it
The variable valve timing is the changing of the exhaust valve
Oil pressure, and crankshaft sensors tells the ECU what condition the engine is running at
This information is used to time when the camshaft actuator is turned on or off (VVT solenoid)
Stuff like not changing the oil and oil filter enough can cause issues
Or even using the wrong oil.

Am interested in how you go about fixing this
Please update with fix if and when you find it.
Meanwhile kicking this to the top

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have had a P0014 code on my car for months now. It has had new cam angle sensors put in a variable vale timing solenoid put in and now a new timing chain and it has yet again thrown this code! My mechanic is stumped. This is costing me money I don't have and the timing chain just cost me 2grand. Anyone had any problems. The timing chain did need to be replaced as it was stretched, the mechanic measured it etc. The car is running like a dream but I am at my wits end. Anyone else had any problems. Wish I could just take a bulb out of the **** light hahaha. Help please !!!!!!!!!!!!!:crying2:
Hey! I am having a similar issue. I have a Hyundai Veloster 2011 1.6 GDI and i am getting the P0014 code as well. I have changed the oil with Shell Helix Ultra as per the owner’s manual(3.3l), I have chamged the oil filter with an OE one, inhave changed the VVT solenoids with some new aftermarket ones from Vaico, i have checked the voltage on the solenoid cables and i got a reading of 8.6V, i have checked the resistance of the new solenoids and it was 8.2 ohms. I did everything that i saw on the internet and i still get the error. If you found a solution for your problem please let me know. Thanks and good luck

·
Registered
148 Posts
I’ve been having issues with the crank sensor code coming up. I noticed it happens at the higher RPMS and the car will stall (Rpms drop to zero) until I pull over and turn off/on the car. I’ve replaced the crank sensor and it still gives me the issue every now and then. I’m wondering if cleaning the VVT solenoid as mentioned above will fix it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I’ve been having issues with the crank sensor code coming up. I noticed it happens at the higher RPMS and the car will stall (Rpms drop to zero) until I pull over and turn off/on the car. I’ve replaced the crank sensor and it still gives me the issue every now and then. I’m wondering if cleaning the VVT solenoid as mentioned above will fix it?
You can try to clean the solenoids and change the oil and oil filter. If the sensor is ok now doing this should solve the problem. Also, it’s a long shot but there can be oil pressure problems. I had issues with my oil pump which regulates the oil pressure and it effected the exhaust solenoid. Cheers

·
Registered
2008 Accent 3 dr 5 sp manual; 2010 Genesis Coupe 2LT track 6 sp manual
8,840 Posts
When I changed my timing chain I had to lock the cams in place to get it perfectly aligned. Since it has been replaced the car is getting better gas mileage that it ever did. Makes me think it was not perfectly aligned when they built the engine.

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can try to clean the solenoids and change the oil and oil filter. If the sensor is ok now doing this should solve the problem. Also, it’s a long shot but there can be oil pressure problems. I had issues with my oil pump which regulates the oil pressure and it effected the exhaust solenoid. Cheers
Thanks for the recommendation, I will try doing that this weekend. I’m hoping that fixes it as it’s a frustrating issue to be having. Nothing worse than driving on the freeway and having your engine stall and having to pull over on the shoulder to restart the car.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I cleaned the solenoids with MAF sensor cleaner fluid. They were actually in very good condition as I change oil on time. Even then I used the video above to clean them. I also used SeaFoam®️ To clean the intake and poured the rest into my full tank of gas. I used SeaFoam®️ In that past with older cars and I’ve gotten positive results from using it. Not sure if it was that as it does help clean the valves or the solenoid cleaning but the car is running great now. I haven’t had the code or check engine come back on. ✊💥🪵 #knockOnWood Thanks again for the help and if anyone is having similar issues. The SeaFoam might possibly help as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts