Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Entourage Limited

Just got an oil change today, and when I left the place the oil light started coming on but only at idle or when I'm coming to a stop like at a red light. The check engine light also has come on and the codes are P0011 and P0021.

I read up and saw that low oil pressure can cause that light to come on only at idle. Not sure if these other codes are related - does anyone know?

Took it back to oil place and they checked what they did, and said it all looks OK to them (but they're not mechanics)

Thoughts on how to proceed?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Remove oil filter housing cap assembly.. I suspect bottom of core assembly is missing,, or o-ring fault...

Usual suspect for MIL after "discount" oil change by the kids

Pic denotes bottom half of core,, there is top piece (relief valve) that this snap on to, then it snap onto bottom of cap

Attachments

Reactions: wongpfh

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information - I can't do that but will have someone check it out, will post final diagnosis in the next week or so

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Thank you for the information - I can't do that but will have someone check it out, will post final diagnosis in the next week or so
Take all of 5 minute to look..

I wouldnt be driving it with "OIL" light on..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Got Oil Cap Off...

and it looks like that entire piece that you posted earlier is missing. It's just the screw top and the filter sitting in there. Based off what you said and what I've seen on YouTube, if that piece is missing it's a big deal. I attached a couple of pics.

Would you agree?

I want to get your thoughts before I go back to the oil place and tell them they screwed up

Thx

Attachments

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yikes! That's a serious screwup by the wet-behind-the-ears crew at the quick change place. I hope you didn't drive the car AT ALL once the oil light came on because that would have caused serious engine damage. Have the van towed back to the oil change place and have them replace that part. Whatta bunch of bozos.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
and it looks like that entire piece that you posted earlier is missing. It's just the screw top and the filter sitting in there. Based off what you said and what I've seen on YouTube, if that piece is missing it's a big deal. I attached a couple of pics.

Would you agree?

I want to get your thoughts before I go back to the oil place and tell them they screwed up

Thx
Yep,, as I thought,, and then some...

You will need the core,, AND the "Releif Valve" (snaps onto core),, then the whole assembly assembles to bottom of filter housing cap...

I know we keep both pieces in stock at our place, see broken - missing once in while from oil change places..

Concern here is what the oil place going to do,, you been farting around with issue since maybe Sept 22,, here it is Oct 28....

You better off hitting a local Hyundai or Kia dealer and buy parts yourself, and try to seek money back,, as kids aint going to know how to assemble the parts for repair,,, or visit service with "Customer states oil light random flash since last oil change on Sept xx at Johnnies Oil Change place"..... document missing guts, and install new guts, and seek money from Johnnoes Oil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fixed...

Thanks guys for the help on diagnosing this problem. I didn't take it back to the oil place, although maybe I should have. Nonetheless, I got a mechanic to check it out, order the part, and get it taken care of. Everything seems OK now.

Thanks again.
Greg

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
I would have driven that thing until it started knocking and drive around that oil change business until it was all but done and pull in and say.....I think you owe me a new engine,,,,,I'll take the Lexus loaner...Thank you.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I would have driven that thing until it started knocking and drive around that oil change business until it was all but done and pull in and say.....I think you owe me a new engine,,,,,I'll take the Lexus loaner...Thank you.

Problem with that is getting engine out of Hyundai,, last one I did was Powertrain Warranty,, had to build on a ReMan shortblock,, Hyundai cost was something like $11,000 I think,, then it needed transmission after first drive,, so in go Re-Man transmission..
And who going to replace the mass and not make more mess out of it ???

Took to mechanic and "order parts"... so you spent money someplace for something you could have bought at lunch time and did in 5 minutes of your own time at home ?? I have both pieces on shelf here..

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Problem with that is getting engine out of Hyundai,, last one I did was Powertrain Warranty,, had to build on a ReMan shortblock,, Hyundai cost was something like $11,000 I think,, then it needed transmission after first drive,, so in go Re-Man transmission..
And who going to replace the mass and not make more mess out of it ???

Took to mechanic and "order parts"... so you spent money someplace for something you could have bought at lunch time and did in 5 minutes of your own time at home ?? I have both pieces on shelf here..
I'm kind of a vindictive person when it comes to incompetency. I talk a tough game but I'm really a cream puff.:laugh:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
I'm kind of a vindictive person when it comes to incompetency. I talk a tough game but I'm really a cream puff.:laugh:
You should spend a day or 2 with the twins.. twin 2 was doing pad and rotor on rear of UD/MD Elantra.. I hear long whirring-grind noises,, number 2 is is standing up by work table grinding snot on pad ears,, never mind just cleaning up the mount brackets and install new fit shims,, he will make them fit

He did reseal on engine,, leaks oil, been back 2nd time after the took to their own "mechanic" who says oil sprays out worse when driving..

He bowed crap out of front crank seal,, so I had to install new seal for him so he wouldnt screw it up.. aint I a sweetheart ??

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
You should spend a day or 2 with the twins.. twin 2 was doing pad and rotor on rear of UD/MD Elantra.. I hear long whirring-grind noises,, number 2 is is standing up by work table grinding snot on pad ears,, never mind just cleaning up the mount brackets and install new fit shims,, he will make them fit

Why bother removing rust?...It's only going to come back and be there next time.....Besides....it's fun to grind and make sparks....:surprise:

He did reseal on engine,, leaks oil, been back 2nd time after the took to their own "mechanic" who says oil sprays out worse when driving..

He bowed crap out of front crank seal

What? I thought I was the seal installer. Me and my 2 pound hammer and smack bang..... seals installed and me happy...0:)

,, so I had to install new seal for him so he wouldnt screw it up.. aint I a sweetheart ??
I should grab a video camera and come do a comedy mini series called "The two Stooges and the Saint" A reality show starring.... The Twins, who have less brains than a can of beans, and The Saint..... who fixes the beans and would like to serve them.... fried.....and refried....>:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts