Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, we are looking at replacing our 2010 i10 with a 2013 model. Luckily, I took an OBD code reader with me when I looked at it. It came up with "P0011 A camshaft position timing over-advanced or system performance Bank 1". I have looked it up on this forum and have only seen two mentions of it but one of these appeared to be unresolved. It is at a dealers and, as we placed a deposit on it, they said they would sort it. They rang today saying that they have replaced two sensors and are now looking at changing the cam chain! Is it a more common problem than I can find and should I avoid it?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, we are looking at replacing our 2010 i10 with a 2013 model. Luckily, I took an OBD code reader with me when I looked at it. It came up with "P0011 A camshaft position timing over-advanced or system performance Bank 1". I have looked it up on this forum and have only seen two mentions of it but one of these appeared to be unresolved. It is at a dealers and, as we placed a deposit on it, they said they would sort it. They rang today saying that they have replaced two sensors and are now looking at changing the cam chain! Is it a more common problem than I can find and should I avoid it?
Hi,

I have a Hyundai I10, 1.2 from 2011, that had stalling problems and came up with P0011, VVT problem on intake side.

The VVT is very expensive in Denmark (300US$), so I decided to try to look at the VVT and see if I could find the problem.

I compared the function with the VVT from the exhaust side by using an adjustable DC power supply and noticed that the intake VVT had difficulties in moving as freely as the exhaust VVT.

Then I disassembled the intake VVT by bending the metal away from the solenoid part so I could get access to the internal electromagnetic 'piston'.

This 'piston' didn't move freely due to just a little friction between the solenoid walls and the piston, so after polishing the piston just a litte by water sandpaper 1500 grid, the problem was solved.

I assembled the intake VVT again (hammering the metal back in position).

Now my car runs perfect again and never stalls :)

I think a lot of I10 suffer from the same problem

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi,

I have a Hyundai I10, 1.2 from 2011, that had stalling problems and came up with P0011, VVT problem on intake side.

The VVT is very expensive in Denmark (300US$), so I decided to try to look at the VVT and see if I could find the problem.

I compared the function with the VVT from the exhaust side by using an adjustable DC power supply and noticed that the intake VVT had difficulties in moving as freely as the exhaust VVT.

Then I disassembled the intake VVT by bending the metal away from the solenoid part so I could get access to the internal electromagnetic 'piston'.

This 'piston' didn't move freely due to just a little friction between the solenoid walls and the piston, so after polishing the piston just a litte by water sandpaper 1500 grid, the problem was solved.

I assembled the intake VVT again (hammering the metal back in position).

Now my car runs perfect again and never stalls :)

I think a lot of I10 suffer from the same problem
Just wondering what you are referring to when you talk about intake and exhaust VVT? Intake is that the oil Solenoid? Having the same issues myself and trying all the cheap easy fixes I can find!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The G4LA engine has two cvvt solenoids, one for intake at front of the engine, and exhaust at the back of the engine, both at the top of the engine close to the timing chain end. Those are the solenoids I talk about. My car had a problem with the intake cvvt at the front of the engine

·
Registered
25 Posts
The G4LA engine has two cvvt solenoids, one for intake at front of the engine, and exhaust at the back of the engine, both at the top of the engine close to the timing chain end. Those are the solenoids I talk about. My car had a problem with the intake cvvt at the front of the engine
After repairing like described, the problem is completely gone and never showed up again

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you, I have had the front one out to be cleaned, but not the rear, will have a look and see if I can find it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Preben,
Is it the solonoid valve you have dismantled and refurbished, or is it the chain sprocket mechanisme you have dismantled?
Is this the valve you have refurbished:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I tried taking the solenoid apart yesterday to no avail, got 2 on order, one for front one for back so fingers crossed that works, otherwise its the sensors next and then god knows!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Is this the valve you have refurbished:
It is the solenoid, but mine has part number 24355-04000. My I10 is from 2011, 1.25 with g4la engine, 86hp

·
Registered
21 Posts
It is the solenoid, but mine has part number 24355-04000. My I10 is from 2011, 1.25 with g4la engine, 86hp
Mine is the same, no idea how you stripped it! Got spanner on the end but just turns on itself. For the sake of £13 for a new item I've just gone down that route... Just got to wait for it to be hand delivered from China!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My Hyundai is i10 1,25, 2012, 186000 km, and its has the same issue with the Solonoid valve.
The Dansih autoconsumer association FDM recommended to add a "oil system cleaner" liquid just before exchange the motor oil.
I used
cost 25 USD, 400 ml.
Recommende time of use is 20 min, I ran the hot idle moter for 40 min in hot condition. After use, the top valve areal appered really clean.
It made the warning sign disappear for appx 3 weeks, and then the alarm came again.
I guess that its necessary to follow Preben Payne advise to thorough dissemble the valve and use sandpaper or kitchen sink scrubbing cream.I will report the results.

·
Registered
9 Posts
To PrebenPayne:
Have you experienced a change in the motorsound and have you any meaurement for the amounts of Km per liter petrol your I10 runs per liter?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hej Preben,
Tak for hjælp med min i10.
Din viden hjælper også en af mine andre venner.
Jeg bor i København NV, og elsker at holde mine biler kørende ved selv at lave det meste på dem.
Jeg har lige med succes købt et vestfalia anhængertræk i solid kvalitet hos NEMdele.dk.
Check dette hugger site ud, de er ret gode til at have det du mangler.
Det er en stor tilfredsstillelse at give anhænger trækket rustmaling og ny maling der hvor det trænger, og så spare 3000 kr efter skat.
JEg er på Facebook og det ville være rigtigt hyggelig at blive venner med dig. Nis Otto Kristensen
Bedste hilsener
Nis

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Hej Preben,
Tak for hjælp med min i10.
Din viden hjælper også en af mine andre venner.
Jeg bor i København NV, og elsker at holde mine biler kørende ved selv at lave det meste på dem.
Jeg har lige med succes købt et vestfalia anhængertræk i solid kvalitet hos NEMdele.dk.
Check dette hugger site ud, de er ret gode til at have det du mangler.
Det er en stor tilfredsstillelse at give anhænger trækket rustmaling og ny maling der hvor det trænger, og så spare 3000 kr efter skat.
JEg er på Facebook og det ville være rigtigt hyggelig at blive venner med dig. Nis Otto Kristensen
Bedste hilsener
Nis
You could send a PM

1 - 19 of 19 Posts