Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could really use some ones help. Light is on in dash. I took to autozone to get a code and this is what I came up with. heated oxygen sensor- bank 1 sensor 1.
I have looked at the back searches, appears to be a lot of sensor 2.
Can someone please help with what they think repair costs will be or where to locate on car. This was my best friends car that just passed away. :liebe011:

i FORGOT TO PUT TROUBLESHOOTING CODE IS po133

·
Registered
152 Posts
Sensor 1 is the sensor before the catalytic converter, sensor 2 is after the catalytic converter. Since our cars are 4 cyl we only have 1 bank (set of exhausts). A V6 or V8 would have 2 since there are exhausts on both sides of the engine.

Hope that helps,
Miles

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (sunshine1 @ May 24 2010, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325787

P-0133 is a slow response of the B1S1 Ox sensor.

First................... is the exhaust noisey under the front of the car ??? If YES, then your repair is going to be to replace the front exhaust pipe,,, the leak is goofing with the sensor. There is a TSB, and the TSB is correct, as I have done the graphing myself to see the change of activity with the new pipe installed (no leak).

Assuming yours is a 1.6L --

(1) 28610-25710 PIPE-EXHAUST FR $174.94
(1) 28751-25000 GASKET-EXHAUST PIPE $9.12
(1) 28752-25000 GASKET-EXHAUST PIPE $5.98
(4) 28767-36000 NUT - EXHAUST $5.32 (SET OF 4)

These parts "should" be in stock at your local HYUNDAI dealer..

There is updates for pulse generator (VSS noise), a shift update, and an Ox update (#52 I think it is for 0130 logic)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the advice with the leaky exhaust instead of the sensor. That is what I have been telling my husband, that the exhaust system sounds noisier.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hyundai had to issue TSB because of all the -0133 sensors being replaced multiple times, and their inspection showed nothing wrong them when old part called back to technical.

·
Registered
44 Posts
QUOTE (sunshine1 @ May 24 2010, 11:24 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=325787
I could really use some ones help. Light is on in dash. I took to autozone to get a code and this is what I came up with. heated oxygen sensor- bank 1 sensor 1.
I have looked at the back searches, appears to be a lot of sensor 2.
Can someone please help with what they think repair costs will be or where to locate on car. This was my best friends car that just passed away. :liebe011:

the cost to repair it is not too expensive. I had to replace my oxygen sensor last year, and bought the part at Auto Zone, and an oxygen sensor tool to remove the old one, along with a socket wrench set. you should be able to locate where it's at in the manual. I had my bf put it on for me so I don't know how much it will cost for labor at a mechanic

·
Registered
3 Posts
I am trying to find out if this is the same problem my GF car is having. It sounds really muffled and her gas consumption has gone up majorly. Im debating if its the O2 sensors or the exhaust? Is there anyway to really tell? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (dleague @ Jul 1 2010, 07:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338039
I am trying to find out if this is the same problem my GF car is having. It sounds really muffled and her gas consumption has gone up majorly. Im debating if its the O2 sensors or the exhaust? Is there anyway to really tell? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Is the car noisey????? If yes, you can toss all the oxygen sensors on it you want,,,, wont do any good if the exhaust sample across sensor' tip is contaminated with outside air via the leak...

Does the car indeed have an exhaust leak ?? Where is the leak ?? Answer that, I'll tell you how to repair... need scan and post the code(s) found.... it'll be a P-xxxx type of thing...

·
Registered
3 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Jul 1 2010, 09:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338099
Is the car noisey????? If yes, you can toss all the oxygen sensors on it you want,,,, wont do any good if the exhaust sample across sensor' tip is contaminated with outside air via the leak...

Does the car indeed have an exhaust leak ?? Where is the leak ?? Answer that, I'll tell you how to repair... need scan and post the code(s) found.... it'll be a P-xxxx type of thing...
I will check the code this week. Good thing you mentioned not buying O2 Sensors yet. Have money to only to do one or the other so really need to be sure which it is. Problem with the codes is her check engine light has been on for over a year now. The gas consumption and noisy muffler has only been within the last 2 months. I just dont want to get a false test.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been following this post ever since the O2 sensor didn't fix the noise.
I recently purchased a head pipe online and tried to replace it saturday with no luck. i was able to remove the three bolts holding the old pipe on the header but can't remove the pipe. Am I missing anything? Could it just be rusted on and I need to get some muscle to remove it?
Any help will be appreciated?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (prfmoses @ Aug 30 2010, 11:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=352972
I've been following this post ever since the O2 sensor didn't fix the noise.
I recently purchased a head pipe online and tried to replace it saturday with no luck. i was able to remove the three bolts holding the old pipe on the header but can't remove the pipe. Am I missing anything? Could it just be rusted on and I need to get some muscle to remove it?
Any help will be appreciated?

Remove the 2 nuts at outlet of catalyst, if flange stuck on the studs.... WHACK the flange with hammer to break it loose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
same problem

Thanks!
I have a 2000 Hyundai Elantra and I actually had my service department at my job look at it. I have a Check Engine light on which because of a huge exhaust leak in the flex pipe it is triggering my O2 Sensor. The response further up the page is 100% correct. The exhaust leak causes your engine to work harder therefore using wayyyy more gas! The exhaust Leak is setting off the O2 Sensor. My personal problem is Bank 1 Sensor 1, it's a 4 Cylinder vehicle so there is only 1 Bank (where as if I had a truck or really a V6 or V8 Engine there are 2 exhaust systems on either side of the engine) In a 4 Cylinder vehicle there is only 1 Exhaust System. I would recommend that you replace the exhaust system which should be in the front right side of the car underneath. You'll see a Flex Pipe, check to see if there are any openings in that, and then replace the Bank 1 Sensor 1, and that's it and you're done. Total Labor Time should take about 30-40 Minutes.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,807 Posts
I'm thinking he will have got his gf's car fixed by now. This thread is 4+ years old now:)

·
Registered
1,745 Posts

Thanks!
Well if you fix it you will be her hero and get bedded well. Jk

Rust can make things hard to get off. If the bolts are out give it some muscle. A tip for stuck tires. Thread a nut in and kick the backside or use a sledge hammer and tap the rubber. She will pop off like butter. The bolt loose keep the tire from flying off.

As for the muffled sound the pcv valve can cause hi oil consption and spark plugs can lead the higher fuel bills if they are not gapped correctly and the tips are worn out. A stuck open thermostat can lead the shitty fuel economy and low heat in your vents. As for a clogged exhaust you can remove the o2 up top and insert an exhaust pressure gauge and measure at idle and at full throttle to make sure you do not have a clogged or restricted exhaust. Symptoms would be an o2 running rich and full throttle. An o2 running lean at full throttle would suspect a fuel pump.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts