Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just leased a 2011 base Sonata GLS in radiant silver. Great car!

I was wondering if the owner loyalty $500 incentive is only for the same model? I tried to use it (I have a Santa Fe) but the manager showed me some document that said it's only good for same model? Is this true or did he just swindle me out of $500 bucks?!

·
Registered
548 Posts
QUOTE (sjl1614 @ Jun 14 2010, 04:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=332798
I received the $500 and i did own a santa fe also. Go and demand your money.
Absolutely. This is not a case of "it was a mistake". This was a flat out lie. Go and demand your money. If not, report them to Hyundai and make a stink. That's a lot of money! Let us know how it goes =0)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for confirming what I initially thought. I'll go back to the dealer midweek and post an update.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yup all of the above is true, I got it and I had an XG and bought a Sonata....

·
Banned
630 Posts
your dealer better have his lips wide open for you when you come in the door..

I know I personally like to get kissed before I get ******

·
Registered
55 Posts
Go get your money! I watch someone trade an old Elantra in at my dealership for a '11 Sonata while I was there and get the rebate - heck, I thought it was $1000 and not $500 - then again, I bought mine last month.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi All,

I certainly appreciate the words of encouragement. I went to the dealer on Wed since I was in the area (40 miles away) but the guy was off-day. He's back at work today and this weekend. I'll stop by again this weekend and "politely" ask for my incentive! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I appreciate the information on this thread. I bought mine in April, but did not get this rebate. It was never discussed, but my salesman showed me the "incentive sheet" at the time (lower financing or $500, I think), but no mention of the Loyalty (I traded a Tiburon) which I found out was available in April. I left a couple of messages for my salesman, but he never called me back, so Tuesday I called Hyundai Customer Service to make my case. They told me that evidently I was supposed to get some sort of "coupon" at the time. Not sure exactly how that would work. Anywy, they said their next step was to call the dealership, which they said they did, but (surprize) the sales manager hadn't called them back as of yesterday. I'm about ready to call again for another status check.

Seems to me this is a "no brainer"; either you're in the club or not, and it's not a negotiable item. My salesman is a guy I've known for about nine years and worked a side job with for about a year, so I'm not convinced he would intentionally screw me (and he got me an absolute mint for my trade).

But, obviously he doesn't run the place, so...................I'll let you guys know what's up when it's up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@whata69: thanks for the info.

However, with that being said, I just called Hyundai customer service to ask about the $500 rebate on 2011 Sonata just in case the dealer tried to stonewall me. I asked the CSR about the $500 rebate and whether that applies to purchase and lease or just to purchase. She put me on hold and looked it up. Funny thing is when she came back on the phone, she said that the $500 rebate is supposedly only for purchases, not leases. She also said the rebate is dealer-dependent and it's up to the dealer to honor it. Makes it kinda hard to argue with the CSR so I left it at that.

So my question now is: has anyone here received the loyalty rebate with a lease? Seems most everyone here was purchase?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did get the rebate on my lease and i didn't trade my previous hyundai in. They gave it to me for just owning a hyundai. I guess it is up to the dealer who gets the $500

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yea I got the $500 off on my leaes too, but as I was looking over the sales manager's desk, I thought I saw something stating it was just for purchases in their incentive sheet. Not too sure?

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's been six weeks since I made my claim (see my previous post) with Hyundai and here's my update..........not good, unfortunately.

I have made approximately five calls to CS; always was told it would be "investigated" and I would be called. I was even given someones name who was handling it and would call. Well, no call, so I called them again on Tuesday. To summarize--and if I'm somewhat vague it's because I never really got a definitive answer--evidently the dealership contends they gave me more money for my Tib trade than it was worth, so they kept the owner loyalty coupon. The coupon was never offered to me--in fact, I was told there were no other rebates/promotions--and there is nothing identifying it in my paperwork. However, I think there is a clause stating "all rebates, etc" to dealer, funny because they said there were none.

I admit I did EXTREMELY well with my trade. Having bought in April when there basically were no promotions other than reduced financing, that was one of the reasons the deal made good sense.

However, I have a couple problems with this. First, I believe if they want to promote owner "loyalty", than it's a reward, not a negotiating tool. Second, if they did over pay, well, that's no more my fault than my over paying would be their fault. I mean, "make your best deal", right?

So, I feel somewhat scammed. It seems like they pick and choose who's "loyal" and who's not, or only there to be used for dealership advantage.

The first CS guy I spoke with six weeks ago was about the most understanding; I'll probably call him again, but I'm pretty sure it's a no win. The deal/problem isn't one I would consider any legal action, but I still feel ripped off on something Hyundai touts.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
46 Posts
About 4 years ago my father-in-law gave a 2001 Santa Fe to my daughter. The car is titled in my wife's name. I bought my 2011 and I got the Owner Loyalty.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I got my loyalty with a purchase but did not trade in, I kept my XG and later sold it privately....

Yeah I think they hosed ya, but it is probably too late now to get anything back, I hope you do but it doesn't look good.

Let this be a lesson to anyone getting ready to buy/lease a car, go the company's website and search out all the possible discounts, print the page (s) and take them with you to the dealer when you are ready to deal........

1 - 20 of 20 Posts