Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate, 2.4L
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '19 SF Ultimate. While driving last night, my wife started fumbling to find the passenger map light button on the overhead panel and I noted that none of the push-buttons on that panel were back-lit. It seems like that panel should have back-lighting. Can any of you with '19's check for backlit buttons on that panel and let me know? Maybe our backlighting is not working. . . . Thanks! --Rob

·
Registered
217 Posts
Nope. But it should be. My '20 doesn't.
My' 10 Wrx does though lol

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
430 Posts
Certainly seems odd where Hyundai decided to "shave costs" on their new vehicles. For example, all the electronic safety features yet no lighting in the glove box or on buttons where the driver/passinger might need to access on a dark nights drive! When you buy a $40K SUV, my guess is a high percentage of us would be happy to pay a "pinch" more to have those issues resolved.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm so used to where the buttons are, I never even noticed that they weren't back-lit.
Ya same.
One thing that messes me up is they moved the rear cargo button from the roof console on my old 16' to the left side of the dash on my 20'. Still go to push it up top to open it ,so does the wife.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,271 Posts
Ya same.
One thing that messes me up is they moved the rear cargo button from the roof console on my old 16' to the left side of the dash on my 20'. Still go to push it up top to open it ,so does the wife.

What vehicle was your ‘16???

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,271 Posts
Santa fe sport.

Interesting. The trunk release on my ‘14 Santa Fe Sport was to the left of the steering wheel on the dash.

·
Registered
2019 SantaFe Ultimate 2.0
118 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Santa Fe Limited
190 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts