Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a 2010/2011 3.5 V6 AWD Santa Fe. It has 50.000 miles on it.

I'd really appreciate if you guys would help me figure this one out. Once this is solved, I'll post the solution here.

The car stalled as I got off the freeway at about 20 MPH.
It was running seemingly fine, even though I noticed it was a bit rough at idle (shaking, but just slightly) AND the rev counter was off by what seemed like 1000 rpm.

So I turned the car on again. But now it takes 5 to 7 seconds to start. It always starts, but it cranks for too long. Before the stalling incident, it turned on just fine, instantly.

Now, the ESP Light (not the ESP Off) is always on and the rev counter is completely dead.

I noticed the MOTOR MOUNT is completely loose.

The scanner gave off the following codes:

P0335 - crankshaft position sensor "A"
P0650 - malfunction indicator light
P0300 - random or multiple cylinder misfire
P0151 - 02 sensor low voltage B2S1
P0083 - intake valve control circuit (bank 2)
P0301 - cylinder 1 misfire
P0302 - cylinder 2 misfire
P0304 - cylinder 4 misfire
P0305 - cylinder 5 misfire
P0306 - cylinder 6 misfire

There is NO CODE for cylinder 3 misfire.

I've looked around for similar issues, but I couldn't find a post where the circumstances were like these.

Thank you for your time!

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
With all those codes popping up I would venture to say there is a wiring issue in the harness from the ECM to the engine OR an issue with the ECM itself. That fact that you are able to gather codes tell me that ECM is at least getting power.

Worst case is a mechanical issue in the valve timing causing all those misfires.

Check the harness for any broken or corroded wires and make sure all the grounds are clean and in place. Corrosion in the connectors as well will cause a problem.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it for a very thorough check. The right engine mounts are busted and what remains holding the engine in place is giving in. This explains the profusion of codes.The car stalled because the air hose snapped off the filter box and the sensor went mad. There are no issues with fuel pressure and the overcranking is related to the fact that the engine is hanging by a thread to the car and the sensors can't make sense of it.

There is also a severe oil leak on the engine and the gearbox.

Also, even though the steering frame and the hydraulic pump are brand new, the steering fluid rails are busted and there is a huge fluid leak.

There are other issues, for instance, with the AC compressor. It's barely hanging to the car by one bolt. The threads are gone.

In conclusion: my trusted mechanic told me he would be glad to fix everything, but it would cost me a small fortune, much much more than the car is worth. Parts alone are too expensive, and this doesn't even scratch labor and the money pit of fixing a gearbox. I really like the Santa Fe, but I decided it wouldn't make sense to put more money into it.

So I took it to my local Hyundai dealer and traded it in for a very good price, considering the circumstances.

Thank you guys. Unfortunately, I lost this battle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts