Hyundai Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
High mileage - forget it - don't do it, and Miami is right - it is also boring.

I have put as much as 300K on cars and kept them as long as 20 years.

They are absolutely unsafe with those specs and absolutely filthy to work on - and you will be doing lots of that. I did it because in those days, I had to.

Besides, they do make improvements in cars from time to time - lots of them nowadays.

When the headliner starts falling down on your head and your driveway looks like the BP oil spill - it's time to trade up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Jun 8 2010, 06:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=330993
Why not write back when you have 150,000K. This thread gives me gas. :innocent:
V,

If this thread gives you gas, I suggest you stay out of the thread. We don't want you to get ill over a thread. :)

I am simply trying to figure out if Hyundai's are lasting as long as (or even longer) Hondas and Toyotas given the owner takes care of it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
QUOTE (kn5owa @ Jun 8 2010, 08:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331040
High mileage - forget it - don't do it, and Miami is right - it is also boring.

I have put as much as 300K on cars and kept them as long as 20 years.

They are absolutely unsafe with those specs and absolutely filthy to work on - and you will be doing lots of that. I did it because in those days, I had to.

Besides, they do make improvements in cars from time to time - lots of them nowadays.

When the headliner starts falling down on your head and your driveway looks like the BP oil spill - it's time to trade up.
I am not sure nowdays it is uncommon for an owner to put on 150k. And most of the time, cars stay pretty clean provided that the owner takes care of it. Past two cars I've had, I had put on more than 150k and they still looked pretty good. In fact, I was able to trade the last car in for 8k when I bought my Sonata. I am interested in what people have done in maintenance and what kind of issues they have had to get to 150k mark. I thought that could be useful to potential Hyundai buyers.

·
Registered
953 Posts
QUOTE (MiamiLX @ Jun 8 2010, 07:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331030
Dude, we have done this High mileage topic many times. Some say the NF Sonata is good for 1 Million Miles.

It is not true :liebe011:

Newbies haven't done the hi mileage and usually don't search!! Just saying no reason to slam the thread.. you're a mod.. point him to other threads or delete it if it's such a waste of everyone's time. Putting my beer down now and going to watch TV... :D

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
QUOTE (Pinto_Siftbean @ Jun 8 2010, 07:46 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=331056
Newbies haven't done the hi mileage and usually don't search!! Just saying no reason to slam the thread.. you're a mod.. point him to other threads or delete it if it's such a waste of everyone's time. Putting my beer down now and going to watch TV... :D

He was a mod and these types of replies brought him back to our level, well maybe below us. I want to start a fund called the "Help Miami trade his Sonata for a Nissan." Paypal donations accepted. PM me for details. I thought we said goodbye to you. You're starting to act like a mod again and well, where did that get you?

41K on my 06! I'll never hit 150K but I'll be here for another 5-6 years. :thumbsup:

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Alright....I think this topic has run it's course.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.