1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
I edited your title for more exposure.

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
My outside temp probe is not reading anything less that 35 degrees. Its been colder than that. Any suggestions?
As others suggest, get it fixed. I love my temperature gauges, which have both been fairly accurate in my Elantra & Dodge Caliber. Back in July 2009 when Seattle had its record setting temperature of 103 degF, I drove my Dodge Caliber around getting other temperatures. As I drove away from the Puget Sound(which cools Seattle), the temperature rose, higher than Seattle's. Northeast of Seattle the temperature climbed to 105, & over a large area of one valley, it was 108 degrees. One spot(probably downslope heating coming off the Cascade Mountains) went to 111degrees!

Yeah, no big deal to you southern folk, but at 48degrees latitude, in Pacific Ocean cooled western Washington, that was smokin'. Suspect it was even hotter in places in eastern Washington.

·
22,793 Posts
Mine registered 23 F, this morning. So, it's definitely got a problem. Dealer/warranty time!

·
Registered
538 Posts
Think mines working OK saw it reading 42 Deg. this afternoon, that's Celsius. (107 F) Can't wait for summer to arrive next month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts