Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to change the outside temperature info display from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I have a 2011 Sonata LTD? Thanks in advance for your help!

·
Registered
854 Posts
I'm pretty sure I saw it in the owners manual, i'd check that first.

·
Registered
87 Posts
QUOTE (pamaf2003 @ Dec 10 2010, 04:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=378452
Is there a way to change the outside temperature info display from Fahrenheit to Celsius. I have a 2011 Sonata LTD? Thanks in advance for your help!
If someone knows please post as I would love to switch from Celsius to Fahrenheit and kilometers to miles and I hate reading manuals. Maybe pamaf2003 you and I should just switch instrument cluster. Thought I would get that in before someone else posts that for an answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
C'mon guys....Any idea? On the old models use to be AMB button + Temp down for 5 seconds...The dealer has no idea...

ONNFIRE:switching instrument could an idea (LOL..), but i'm sure there is an easier way....

Thanks to all and Happy Holidays!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Which trim level & and radio do you have, with or W/O nav ? This has come up before and I think you can change the temp but not the miles, US/METRIC ?

Owners manual available on line also.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Snapper, I have a Limited, no Nav, 6 CD changer...Nothing on the owner's manual. Thanks again..

Hi Pamaf, were you able to find a way to change the temperature setting? I just bought a 2012 Sonata w/ Nav and can't find a way to change it.

There's nothing in my manual either...grrr...

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
If memory serves me... About a year ago there was a longish thread about this, and the outcome was not good. Canadian cars are metric, and American are in U.S. units. There was no changing that. Maybe 2012's can be changed, but I haven't heard of it yet. Many of us thought there was something in the manual about it, but I can't find anything in mine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 2012 Santa Fe. In my owners manual it mentions changing the temp from F to C and back. If i remember correctly it states:

Hit trip button until you get to the temp. then hold the reset button until it changes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Took the car to the service department.

They mentioned that Sonata YFs without the Nav do not have the option to switch between F and C.

For those with a Nav:
1. press "auto" to bring up the climate control screen
2. press and hold the lower and middle air flow buttons (middle of panel); make sure that both are lid up.
3. while holding down step 2, press and hold the "dual" button until the change occurs.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts

They mentioned that Sonata YFs without the Nav do not have the option to switch between F and C.

For those with a Nav:
2. press and hold the lower and middle air flow buttons (middle of panel); make sure that both are lid up.
3. while holding down step 2, press and hold the "dual" button until the change occurs.
Interesting.

I haven't tried this on my 2011, but the '11 climate control does not integrate with the nav unit like it does on the '12.

·
Registered
505 Posts

For those with a Nav:
Nav isn't the requirement, it's having the auto a/c controls. 2.4 SE's don't have an auto button even if they do have nav.

·
Registered
2 Posts
temperature change from fahrenheit to celsius

Just did this on my 2013 Sonata Limited with Nav.
Select "Climate" to pull up the display.
Press and hold the "Dual" button and the center airflow
"Mode" button simultaneously.
The display will change to celsius within a couple of seconds.
Note: This is not published in any of the manuals I received
with the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not having the F to C problem, but rather a consistantly HIGH reading temp guage. It is generally a good 3-5 degrees above the actual temp outside (while sitting and while moving on the highway). I recall on my old Honda Accord, the temperature guage could be adjusted up or down up to 5 degrees by using the odometer knobs on the dash (temp guage was part of odometer display) Is there anything like that on the 2012 Sonata Turbo w/Nav? I figure if there was, it wouldn't be in the manual either. Thanks.

Just did this on my 2013 Sonata Limited with Nav.
Select "Climate" to pull up the display.
Press and hold the "Dual" button and the center airflow
"Mode" button simultaneously.
The display will change to celsius within a couple of seconds.
Note: This is not published in any of the manuals I received
with the car.

·
Registered
22 Posts

For those with a Nav:
THANK YOU!!

This worked on my 2011 Santa Fe Limited w/Nav. To be clear, press the Auto button, then press and hold the button to increase fan speed + the button to select outside air. Keep them down and then press and hold the Dual button and the fahrenheit will change to celsius.

As others have mentioned, this info is not available in the manual. So thanks to ded's dealer for giving it up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can't edit my last post. I somehow forgot the buttons from the time I left the car 'till I got in front of my computer! Correct steps are:

1) Press Auto button.
2) Press and hold "Circulate Inside Air" button + "Outside Air" button.
3) Still holding step 2 buttons, press and hold Dual button for a few seconds until temp readings change from C to F or from F to C.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts

For those with a Nav:

Hey thanks, i tried this way it worked for me.
It took a few tries. I believe pressing "Auto" and quickly press "Lower" & "Middle", then keep holding all 3 buttons while pressing and hold "Dual" for about 5 seconds worked. :)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Do you have dual-zone auto climate control? Per jdugan's post above, it's not having nav that gives you the ability to change C/F but having auto climate control.

1 - 19 of 28 Posts