Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, has anyone had a problem with the outside temp reading on the climate control bouncing around like crazy. One second it says -40 then it says 80. It's causing the climate control to run crazy.
It happened once before, during the summer, but cleared up on it's own.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Sounds like the sensor is on its way out.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Wire repair TSB.. kinda old now, though most would have been done by now... applies to the FATC with outside temp displayed on control head face.

Remove the upper half of junction block under hood, then the cut 4 wires and splice them together to by pass the junction block..

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 26 2010, 09:04 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366370
Wire repair TSB.. kinda old now, though most would have been done by now... applies to the FATC with outside temp displayed on control head face.

Remove the upper half of junction block under hood, then the cut 4 wires and splice them together to by pass the junction block..
Is it by the fuse box or somewhere else?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (Perry Manessis @ Oct 26 2010, 06:20 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366528
Is it by the fuse box or somewhere else?

This was a recall (T83), and there is seperate TSB for the concern.. You have the fuse/box (junction block) under hood by battery.. the top of the junction block seperates from bottom half after loosening them silver bolts inside the fuse area.. then you can sepearte the block from the large multi pin connectors underneath.. then you have to find the right wires as called out in instructions, cut 4 wires from 2 connectors, and splice the wires together (solder and shrink tube).. re-aasmble junction block.

Recall --

DESCRIPTION:
Some 2007 Santa Fe vehicles equipped with the Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC) or the manual HVAC system with the optional trip computer may display an incorrect outside temperature reading.

This bulletin describes the procedure to connect two wires in the Engine Room Junction Box using a Wire Joint Kit to repair this condition.

Kit -> 00236-77000

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't a TSB be performed free of charge?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Service bulletin is one of those "Hey Y'all,, here is what to do when you see this problem or a revised parts" memos.

TSB would apply to help repair problem correctly the first time, wether it be warranty or customer pay (out of specific warranty) --> you show up out of warranty with MIL, has 3 code set for throttle sensor,,, I know the TSB is going to tell me if I see these codes, I am to replace TPS and re-program PCM with this program, and all should be well the first time around.

Recall is free to customer (if VIN comes up with open recall(s) when searched on Hyundai WEBDCS,, they just have to show up and make vehicle available for service to be done.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 26 2010, 07:14 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366546
This was a recall (T83), and there is seperate TSB for the concern.. You have the fuse/box (junction block) under hood by battery.. the top of the junction block seperates from bottom half after loosening them silver bolts inside the fuse area.. then you can sepearte the block from the large multi pin connectors underneath.. then you have to find the right wires as called out in instructions, cut 4 wires from 2 connectors, and splice the wires together (solder and shrink tube).. re-aasmble junction block.

Recall --

DESCRIPTION:
Some 2007 Santa Fe vehicles equipped with the Fully Automatic Temperature Control (FATC) or the manual HVAC system with the optional trip computer may display an incorrect outside temperature reading.

This bulletin describes the procedure to connect two wires in the Engine Room Junction Box using a Wire Joint Kit to repair this condition.

Kit -> 00236-77000
Thanks, is there a diagram or something I can use to figure out which wires to splice?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts