Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

As shown in the pic below, my 2007 Santa Fe is having issues working out the outside temperature :(

The morning after I replaced a light bulb (the strip under the headlight) I noticed the temperature reading climb from 7 degrees celsius (probably correct) to 47 (during a spell of about 10 mins).

After work I started the engine and the readout was 7 deg, but then flicked up to 44. Since then it has been starting at about 29 and going up to around 55.

The reading wouldn't be so much of a problem if it wasn't affecting the heating. To get heat, I have to put it on 'Hi'...

Could I have moved it while changing the bulb? That wouldn't explain it starting so high when switching on the engine.

Could it be a faulty sensor? Faulty wiring?

Should I buy a new sensor and fit it (if I can find where it is?!) or go to the garage?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated :D

Regards,
David

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi all,

As shown in the pic below, my 2007 Santa Fe is having issues working out the outside temperature :(

The morning after I replaced a light bulb (the strip under the headlight) I noticed the temperature reading climb from 7 degrees celsius (probably correct) to 47 (during a spell of about 10 mins).

After work I started the engine and the readout was 7 deg, but then flicked up to 44. Since then it has been starting at about 29 and going up to around 55.

The reading wouldn't be so much of a problem if it wasn't affecting the heating. To get heat, I have to put it on 'Hi'...

Could I have moved it while changing the bulb? That wouldn't explain it starting so high when switching on the engine.

Could it be a faulty sensor? Faulty wiring?

Should I buy a new sensor and fit it (if I can find where it is?!) or go to the garage?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated :D

Regards,
David

Check this bulletin, see if this applies. image.jpg

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a similar problem. My display does not show outside temperature when cycling thru. But if I turn the key to accessory position I show outside temperature and it is correct temp. Will the above fix solve my problem? 2007 SE AWD

1 - 4 of 4 Posts