Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm new here so please let me know if there is a better place to post this.

I am currently leasing a 2014 hyundai elantra (lease is up at the end of August) and I am looking to upgrade to a 2018 sonata. When I went to my local hyundai dealership they quoted me $280/month with zero down. Now I have over 700 credit score so I'm not sure where they are coming up with that number but the price of the car was $19,500 and they quoted 7% APR! What?! I told them no and all the numbers had to come down including price of the car and money factor.

Anyone have any out the door cost for a 2018 sonata?

Thanks for your help all! :smile:

·
Registered
270 Posts
19500 is a good price. must be knocked down. maybe they're writing the lease up off the sticker. it might be better to buy the car outright and trade it in even if there's still a balance. look for a better rate though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
credit union.. 2.5% or so on new car..

you might want to think about buying the lease car if possible. you know the history. when you alway get a new car you are always loosing money.

I like a good 2-3 yr old used car for 45% less.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your thoughts on this! I'm leaning towards sticking with my car as carl2591 pointed out I know my car and it's history and it really has not given me any problems other than the plastic cover underneath the front in is cracked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts