Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
on sept 19th on this year 2017, I brought a 2017 Sonata, the night I sign the papers I was tired at 9 pm ( I drive a School Bus ) I had told the finance person I did not want any ext warranties , she says oh ok, I and her sit down to do the numbers and she tells me she has one she like me to consider that was for oil changes and tire rotations that cost 750 dollars that will pay for them ( I was tired but thought she said life time ) so I thought it was a good deal so I agreed to it, I sign the papers etc, the next day I was going over the papers and realized I also bought a 2000.00 dollar one that extended the 60k bumper to bumper warrenty to 100k miles and I sign it but I guess being so tired I didnt really notice the price which I know is my fault, then a gap insur for 600.00.. Well I went back that next night thinking, well I will keep the oil change and gap one and just cancel the one for 2k , well she told me I had to keep it to keep the lower rate they got me, I was sure that was a lie but I knew from reading the paper I could cancel it myself by faxing fidelity so I did that and I was told after I fax all papers the refund would go to the dealer who would then send the refund to my bank my car in financed with which btw is hyundai credit, well I was told it was refunded to the dealer on oct 5th and as of now , nov 10th the dealer still has not sent the refund to the bank. 35 days I think is more than enough time to send the money. I also have the dealer manager call me rude cause I informed them i canceled them myself and wanted them to send the refund to the bank once they received it, I could tell from his voice he was trying to be nasty with me so I told him point blank, do you hear me, he was like they didn't deserve this and I was rude. I told him, no I didn't deserve to have my car note jacked up 40.00 more a month. I wouldn't ever buy another car from that dealer or from any place with ourisman every again. That is the more important details, though there is a lot more to tell.

oh and every time I call the dealer, I get voice mails, I get I will call you back to which no one does. today i was told by the account manager lori, she would def call me back which she didn't. also the 3 warranties total about 3350 dollars. I try to reach others at that dealership, I even went as far as to look up the owner of this dealership and pm him on fb. Hyundai has basically said, that's between you and the dealer. They have done nothing to make this dealer send the refund to the hyundai bank.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Demand the refund and YOU send it to the bank.

Being tired isn't an excuse for loading excessive dealer add-ons onto your monthly payment.

Caveat Emptor!

I have never bought an extended warranty. I have never paid for gap insurance. I have never purchased any type of maintenance programs. I don't recommend any for anyone.

Its a Hyundai so you should've haggled 25% of the MSRP with no dealer junk(pinstripping, paint/fabric protectant, warp drive nacelles, high performance muffler bearings....).

Haggled with a dealer for a brand new 2017 Eco Sonata with an MSRP of $24,400. I got them down to $15,800 and they wouldn't budge any lower. I told them to keep it since my budget was $14k cash. I might go back in a couple weeks and offer $15k. I could get new 2017 $22k msrp 2.4GDI for $14.5k but already have a 2.4GDI in the driveway and want to give the ECO a run for a couple years before moving back to hybrids.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Demand the refund and YOU send it to the bank.

Being tired isn't an excuse for loading excessive dealer add-ons onto your monthly payment.

Caveat Emptor!

I have never bought an extended warranty. I have never paid for gap insurance. I have never purchased any type of maintenance programs. I don't recommend any for anyone.

Its a Hyundai so you should've haggled 25% of the MSRP with no dealer junk(pinstripping, paint/fabric protectant, warp drive nacelles, high performance muffler bearings....).

Haggled with a dealer for a brand new 2017 Eco Sonata with an MSRP of $24,400. I got them down to $15,800 and they wouldn't budge any lower. I told them to keep it since my budget was $14k cash. I might go back in a couple weeks and offer $15k. I could get new 2017 $22k msrp 2.4GDI for $14.5k but already have a 2.4GDI in the driveway and want to give the ECO a run for a couple years before moving back to hybrids.

yes is it lol and you're right it's not a good excuse, I won't shop anymore after work for a car. they cant send the money to the consumer, the bank won't allow the dealer to do that, I have a feeling that 17 eco for 24k is gone because the discounts are 4000 to 6500 rebates. It's why I bought my car, the good rebates made it easy for me getting out of a car I had that was too small. Good luck with getting that eco for 15k

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
I have had success filing complaints with the BetterBusinessBureau and AAA. Seems that businesses, even when not members, want to hushhush noisy customers with issues.

This is when you post a polite and detailed comment on dealers facebook page, online review site, or their website, with details of your issue.

·
Registered
3,959 Posts
Read the fine print on the Gap Insurance papers that you signed. Usually,you can cancel it for a full refund within 30 days and at any time after that where it is pro rated.You do not need Gap Insurance for a lower rate,the finance persons nose is growing. Our car had window etching where the finance guy was pushing papers across the table for me to sign.I said no to that and he ripped up the papers. Another sleezeball three years ago added another 6 months onto our loan. That dealer wound up cutting us a check for $1500 for that. Some of the finance personal are worse than some of the salesman. Live and learn but we really need to be on your toes when financing a car.

By the way,I called the gap insurance company who said I had to go thru the dealer. I did that,they gave us our money back,but,it was all applied to our car loan.Dealers may handle it in a different way,but,you should at least get most of your money back in some way shape or form.

Go to the dealer and speak to the manager,state your concerns and in a nice way,remind him that you still have to fill out the CSI survey which means a great deal to the dealership.Good luck.Be persistent.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I have had success filing complaints with the BetterBusinessBureau and AAA. Seems that businesses, even when not members, want to hushhush noisy customers with issues.

This is when you post a polite and detailed comment on dealers facebook page, online review site, or their website, with details of your issue.
right, I am filing a complaint with the BBB and my state's general attorney office if they don't get back to me Monday with when the refund is being sent. I talk to a rick an hour ago today who said he will check into it and call me back by 1030 Monday, I talk to a Lori who was the head manager of the accounting department yesterday who said she would call me back the same day, she didn't, if this Rick does not call me back on Monday at 12 pm I am filing those complaints plus I just got a JD Powers survey on that dealer in the mail today, I think they can be sure it won't be a good review. I gave them 35 days to send that refund. They really don't want me to send a complaint to the state general attorney office because I will include what the finance manager lura told me about the rate. I guess I should have made her redo it that second day, but if payment is not sent Monday, I am done with them and Hyundai, I will file complaints on both the dealer and Hyundai come Monday if that payment is not sent to Hyundai finance.

The sad thing is I brought my 2007 sonata from them in 2007 and they were not like they are now.

I wrote complaints now on the dealer google reviews page
I wrote a complaint now on yelp page about that dealer
I wrote here about the dealer
I wrote about the dealer on Hyundai facebook page
I am about to write a review on ripoff in a few mins

monday if I dont hear back from the dealer
I will file a complaint with the BBB
I will file a complaint with my state's general attorney office
I also still have that JD Powers review to send in , if they send the payment monday, I will delete all reviews and not file no complaints. The ball is in their court to do me right now or see just how far I will go after them. The longer this takes the more upset and more mad I become over this and the more mad I get the more I will look for ways to go after them in complaints and reviews. if it comes down to it, I am thinking about making signs saying what they did for my car and driving in front of the dealer all next weekend while their open. My friend has said she will help me too and place signs in her car and drive up and down in front of the dealer.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Read the fine print on the Gap Insurance papers that you signed. Usually,you can cancel it for a full refund within 30 days and at any time after that where it is pro rated.You do not need Gap Insurance for a lower rate,the finance persons nose is growing. Our car had window etching where the finance guy was pushing papers across the table for me to sign.I said no to that and he ripped up the papers. Another sleezeball three years ago added another 6 months onto our loan. That dealer wound up cutting us a check for $1500 for that. Some of the finance personal are worse than some of the salesman. Live and learn but we really need to be on your toes when financing a car.

By the way,I called the gap insurance company who said I had to go thru the dealer. I did that,they gave us our money back,but,it was all applied to our car loan.Dealers may handle it in a different way,but,you should at least get most of your money back in some way shape or form.

Go to the dealer and speak to the manager, state your concerns and in a nice way,remind him that you still have to fill out the CSI survey which means a great deal to the dealership.Good luck.Be persistent.
I filed the cancellation papers myself, fax them to fidelity who handles both ext warranties and gap insurance and I was told 100% was being refunded as of Oct 5th , I bought the car on sept 19th.

I did speak to the Manager, he is a dickhead who said I was rude to him and it hurt his little bitty feelings, sorry I guess being taken advantage off and having my payment being 40 more then it had to be makes me a rude person, they got till Monday than I filing complaints on both the dealer and Hyundai who knows all this is happening and has done nothing IMO to force the dealer to do the right thing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts