Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I woke up today with my wife telling me she had an accident with the tucson. I was like yeah right, and she was all no really. So of course my heart sank, and then she said she had backed it into our other car. (Despite having back up camera). So at this point my heart sank even further. And then she says but I only damaged the tucson not the toyota. But being a woman she did not even get close enough to see all the paint scuffs and rubbed off chrome on the other car. So I have been furious all day, and am currently stuck at work. We have a great paint protection plan so the paint is covered but the rear bumper cover (The bottom plastic part)has a big scuff and 2 sets of holes from the license plate screws of our other car. I asked her to call hyundai and get a price quote to fix her accident, she refused and just acts upset with me because I have the gall to be mad about this. Well I've been looking all over the net for a new bumper cover but cant find anything for the 2010 model year. Any ideas? (I cant call the dealer till tomorrow.)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Damm sorry to hear that. The first one is always the worst to deal with. The cladding on the bottom of the bumper (black part) is part of the bumper and if there are small holes in it from license plate bolts then you are correct your going to have to replace the rear bumper. I would just call the dealer and order a new one and have the upper half painted to match. I am sure you'll have to wait about a week for the replacement bumper from Hyundai.

I can under stand the position that your wife was in, I also backed into a car even tho we have a backup camera. I bumped a parked car (in total darkness) that I didn't see from the rear view mirror. No damage just a light scuff on the rear bumper. I am getting ready to order a backup beeper devise that tell the driver when your getting close to an object behind you. The closer you get the steadier the tone gets. I am going to have 2 sensors mounted in the black lower portion of the rear bumper so this don't happen again. I can see why Hyundai installed a rear camera b/c the view from the mirror will not let you see a lower vehicle through the rear glass.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping the cladding was separate, :( that will also take care of the paint scuffs on the edges, **** this is going to cost a lot. Meanwhile the Toyota will have to take the hit and not be fixed. I am trying not to be mad at her but its hard, honest mistake after all. Oh yea we have exact same tucson! White AWD limited :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts