Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, this was not a huge surprise, yet, I wasn't expecting it either, but the only Hyundai dealer in Lansing, Michigan abruptly closed it's doors. :eek:

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/article/20131022/NEWS01/310220032/Lansing-s-sole-Hyundai-dealer-closes?fb_action_ids=10202323796915094&fb_action_types=og.recommends&fb_ref=artrectop

It was a 'smaller' dealership... and every time I went there to check out the new cars, or take a test drive; they didn't have a large volume of stock on the lot.

I know the elantra has been very popular.... I wonder how sales in general for Hyundai have been? I thought they were doing pretty well.

I'd say right now they have 7 Santa Fe Sports, 2 Santa Fe LWB's, and probably a half dozen Sonata's and even less of the rest of their vehicles. More used cars than new.

They have always been that way, and I asked them on several occasions why they had such low inventory and they'd always say, "Because we only get what Hyundai will ship us, and the product is 'hot' and they can't make enough product to ship everyone.'

Hmmmm..... I'd guess this is only partially true.

Anyway.... I was going to re-test a Hyundai SF LWB this spring in comparison against the 2014 Toyota Highlander - possibly the 2015 Ford Edge if they release it soon enough in 2014, but now I'd have to drive elsewhere... probably Grand Rapids, or New Hudson. I'll have to take a look to see where their other dealers are located.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
This is troubling. I've seen this elsewhere. The fact is that Hyundai and Kia's sales have been down the past month. Some of these low inventory dealers cannot compete in a large market.

I've also heard the same story myself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts