Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with Hyundai dealers in Ottawa? Any important information you can share?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I live south of Ottawa and went to look at a new 2011 Sonata at Myers Hyundai. They were willing to sell me a Limited for $300 over their cost as I had gotten the dealer cost through Car Cost Canada. They were very willing to deal on price. Only reason I didn't buy from them is I live an hour away and wanted to support my local dealer (same price), so you should check them out.

Good luck

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (grcguy @ Aug 14 2010, 10:48 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=349311
Hi,

I live south of Ottawa and went to look at a new 2011 Sonata at Myers Hyundai. They were willing to sell me a Limited for $300 over their cost as I had gotten the dealer cost through Car Cost Canada. They were very willing to deal on price. Only reason I didn't buy from them is I live an hour away and wanted to support my local dealer (same price), so you should check them out.

Good luck
I use Myer's Hyundai as well. Great sales and service.

Friends use Smith Fall Hyundai and swer by them. :gitara:

·
Registered
184 Posts
My wife bought a car from Dexxxri before she met me..This dealer force her to buy loan insurance from them because she is getting a loan to buy the car. This a fraudulent sale by them. There is no requirement for buyer to buy insurance on the loan.

·
Registered
2 Posts
QUOTE (CF7 @ Aug 25 2011, 03:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=495745
My wife bought a car from Dexxxri before she met me..This dealer force her to buy loan insurance from them because she is getting a loan to buy the car. This a fraudulent sale by them. There is no requirement for buyer to buy insurance on the loan.
I also had a friend that had a similar poor experience at Bank Street. Yet they claim to be the top store in the country. If everyone knows they're dodgy, why do people keep buying from them?

·
Registered
5,886 Posts
Good sales and service experience at Myers Hyundai. Never dealt with a Dilawri dealer (ie: Bank St Hyundai) but their reputation around here is mixed.

·
Registered
51 Posts
QUOTE (CF7 @ Aug 25 2011, 03:58 PM)

I also had a friend that had a similar poor experience at Bank Street. Yet they claim to be the top store in the country. If everyone knows they're dodgy, why do people keep buying from them?
Why on earth do people keep getting cars financed at dealerships? It just complicates the price negotiation and puts them in a long-term relationship with a poor substitute for a bank. Do your banking with bankers, your dealing with dealers, and your maintenance with maintainers. Mixing them up is a recipe for pain.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Pathway's work has been decent, not perfect. Definitely not quick and convenient. Routine lube/oil servicing without an appointment can take hours. Courtesy shuttle is a nice touch though.

I wouldn't go near Dilawri service after what one of their other franchises did to my last car.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Why on earth do people keep getting cars financed at dealerships? It just complicates the price negotiation and puts them in a long-term relationship with a poor substitute for a bank. Do your banking with bankers, your dealing with dealers, and your maintenance with maintainers. Mixing them up is a recipe for pain.
Actually a lot of dealers in the Toronto area do their financing through Scotiabank and RBC... probably in ON and maybe Canada.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I can strongly recommend Myers Hyundai in Kanata. I had my 2006 Sonata serviced there for over year (after moving to area). I just bought a new 2012 Veracruz from them, with a $7500 discount from MSRP...

The service is great and sales is professional, no pressure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just purchased a sonata limited from Ben Mcoy at Kanata Myers. My son bought one and went over to help him and got looking at the sonata. They gave me a price and told me that was the best they could do so I took some time and went looking at other dealers and they were right they were the best price and gave me the best value for my trade. Thestaff was friendly Scotty and Chris were helpful and made the purchase very enjoyable thumbs up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've used Pathway Hyundai over in Orleans because it's close to home, but I'm less than impressed so far. It seems like every time I take either my car or my wife's Accent in for any little thing, they seem to go over the car and find work that has to be done - and it's always about $300.The only plus so far is the free tire swap over in the fall and spring.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I've used Pathway Hyundai over in Orleans because it's close to home, but I'm less than impressed so far. It seems like every time I take either my car or my wife's Accent in for any little thing, they seem to go over the car and find work that has to be done - and it's always about $300.The only plus so far is the free tire swap over in the fall and spring.
I have had no such problems with Myers Kanata Hyundai.

With my old Sonata they quite often did find and point out relevant stuff, but I did not get uncomfortable feeling of them pushing completely unnecessary stuff. I just asked for an assessment of priority/criticality, a preliminary quote, and added to the to-do list...eventually the past repair history and pending items on the known to-do list (and the growing family) justified getting the new VC :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
I have leased a Santa Fe, an 2013 Accent and am in the process of doing a 2013 Sonata Hybrid from Myers in Bells Corners.
Since I switch to Hyundai I have been happy with the sales staff and Steve, one of the sales managers. Steve and I have haggled over two of the three cars and Lynn who did the first one isn't at that branch anymore.
The actual sales people are nice but when it comes down to the bottom line you should deal/haggle with the sales manager.
As to service, I can't really complain other than I wish they had a fast oil change type service. I have most of my oil changes done at Oil Changers simply because I don't have hour and a half to sit and wait for them to do what takes less than 10 minutes. They should take a page from Tony Graham's Toyota.
For the more major service I have been happy with them.
I had a stone crack the windshield on my Accent and the service adviser got me a price from a local guy and gave me the information to go directly without them taking a cut.
Never a hassle with things that should be warranty, had tires put on my Santa Fe at Canadian Tire who wanted $1200 for front end work, took it across the street to Myers for service and they called telling me that I would just be a little longer for my service since it needed some extra work, all was done under warranty with no questions or problems.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Just to add another story about Myers in Bells Corners, I picked up my new HSH on Monday and had to bring it back in on Tuesday since it developed a problem with the hybrid control system.:mad:
SO to make a longer story short, service pulled a 2013 Genesis up for me to use while they wait for the new module since even though the car ran fine they didn't want to take a chance on my driving it and having unpredictable problems with it.:cool:
I didn't ask for the loaner, it was just given to me. This is the kind of service that we should expect from companies when there is a problem!
Koodos to Shane Loyer and Myers service!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
This is an old thread, but I wanted to share this.

I purchased my car 2012 Sonata GLS from Car Canada with 54k in it. I checked from 2 dealers if the car still qualifies for an extended warranty.

Hyundai on Hunt Club said yes it still qualifies. If I get the 140k kms. warranty I will pay $1400+ (cant recall the exact pricing) plus $100 service charge plus the oil change BS, since the car was not purchased from them.

Visited Myers Hyundai to get the same info and was quoted at $1400+ (same as Hunt Club) plus hst, no service charges and no BS.

I closed the deal with Myers Hyundai. Don't want to deal with DILAWRI dealerships regardless of whatever.

Last few months, Myers honoured the TSB I found for my car which was not fixed by the previous owner, thus, this was fixed at no charge even though the TSB is 2 years old. They likewise provided a free shuttle service.

I purchase my maintenance parts (oil filters and other dealer related parts) from Myers, while others from on-line retailers outside Canada.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ottawa Hyundai Dealers: Any recent commentary (2018)? Hybrid factor?

I know this is an old thread but as time changes, so can dealers. Any recent observations/info?

Looking at a 2018 Sonata Hybrid and wondering if selecting a hybrid vs a regular vehicle would be impacted by dealer choice, both for sales and subsequent service.

·
Registered
2020 Elantra Luxury Sedan 2.0 & IVT
60 Posts
I bought a 2020 Hyundai Elantra Luxury sedan this month. I'm impressed with Bank Street Hyundai as they are members of OMVIC which means they agree to abide by OMVIC rules and regulations that protect the customers interest and makes for transparent pricing. ie: Total Price plus HST and License. I'm very satisfied with the buying transaction and their staff and facility.
I highly recommend Bank Street Hyundai.

·
Registered
2020 Elantra Luxury Sedan 2.0 & IVT
60 Posts
Now that I've had my Elantra Luxury sedan for 10 months I can comment on service support. Bank Street Service Dept. has provided excellent service support during Covid19. I've had my snow tires they recommended put on in the fall, oil change in winter, summer tires put on the spring and all done perfectly and in a timely manner.
They called me today to advise my recall is in the system and I'll be contacted in due course. There is nothing wrong with the car but it will be checked to ensure everything is all ok as we see it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts