Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I hit the 33k mark and really need to go get some new tires. I have been doing some research (thanks to these forums) and decided I was going to get the Continental ExtremeContact DWS. However to my dismay I found out that they are backordered EVERYWHERE. No one is able to get them, and they are telling me not to expect it till mid Aug. So now I am not sure what tires to go get.

Anyone have any advice. Here is what I am lookign for in my tires

1) Low Road Noise
2) Good wet traction (I live in Seattle)
3) Would like it to be an all season tire
4) with decent mileage

Any advice would be appreciated!

·
Registered
587 Posts
I buoght Summitomo touring LST's at Tire Kingdom. They have superior traction over the Michelin's.

There is a FAINT rumble from the tire, but really you don't notice unless your listening for it. These tires provide better cornering and are ribbed on the side to allow water to drain out. Don't know how they would do in snow, I only drive them in Florida. After 30k tread depth is still deep and good, due to an alignment problem there is some shoulder wear, but the tire is still a great tire.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i'm avid on the subaru legacy forum. as said the DWS tires are out of stock basically everywhere for a while due to the fact that they outperform a lot of snow tires in snow, so being an all season tire, thats a win win situation, no need to swap tires for the winter.

a tire a lot of ppl on that forum also recommend is the Goodyear Eagle GT. Its rated at 440 A A so it has pretty good treadwear and the reviews on it in wet performance are pretty darn good.

another is the Yokohama ADVAN S4. great wet performance, but more lacking in snow. rating on these are 400 A A so again decent treadware.

the ADVAN tire is rated a little quieter than the goodyear, but yeh. goto tirerack and research them. They have customer surveyed data on most popular tires so it's easy to get an idea of what people think about it.

You may also be able to find the older model Continental ExtremConti Contact tires also very highly rated. Depending on size, some places may still have it in stock.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts