Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can't wait to get it and compare to my 2017 SFS 2.0t ultimate.
Bought a white palisade ultimate with beige leather. Should be pretty cool.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,492 Posts
I think you’ll miss your 2.0T engine. The Palisade’s Atkinson-cycle engine is pretty dull.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
346 Posts
I think you’ll miss your 2.0T engine. The Palisade’s Atkinson-cycle engine is pretty dull.
You’d be surprised. And Hyundai is doing a massive disservice to themselves by calling it Atkinson cycle. It has CVVT and CVVD (the D stands for duration, it’s a Hyundai marketing thing) which allows it to switch from Atkinson cycle to Otto cycle at any time. That engine can move more than you think it does. I just wish they had the throttle mapping designed to be more responsive.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I always disliked the 2.0t since I got mine 3.5 years ago... can't wait to go back to a regular v6.
I hate the power curve, the low power at low rpm, the noise, and it just won't heat the car at idle during winter, so the car is always cold when I get in even if it's been running for 20 minutes.

Had a v6 maxima and v8 grand cherokee before the 2.0t, so I was spoiled I guess. I really liked the v8, but that jeep kept having issues so I got rid of it.

I much prefer a v6 linear power delivery, initial torque and cabin heating ability.... will report when I get it

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got it wednesday. REALLY nice vehicle. White with beige napa leather.
I much prefer the 3.8 V6 over the little 2.0t of my 2017 SFS ultimate

2 little things bug me: the HUD is not really visible with polarized oakleys. Will need to order some regulars I guess.
The rear camera lens has it's inner tint coating bubbled up, kind of a defect so the rear camera image is so so. They will order a new one to replace it.

Other than that this car is great. Engine, smooth ride, kids hauler, good sound, all the tech, its perfect imo.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts