Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Untitled by Saint steve, on Flickr

Ordered one of these yesterday , although this is only the SE spec, ordered a premium version yesterday,(same as style on current version) in pearlescent black with the winter pack (heated steering wheel and front seats) opted for the 1.2 version again.

If your thinking about test driving the new car, go do it, you will not believe the difference from the old models.. It's like driving a German built car!! Hyundai have really got this spot on, brilliant to drive and in a totally different league.

I traded in my 2011 white i10 Active with 20k on the clock for £5450 and got the new one for £10100 with 3 years free servicing too.

Cannot wait to get it for march 1st new reg,

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gutted to hear that hyundai are not supplying the top spec models with sun roofs in this country.... Not happy

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a test drive in the new I 10 on thursday whilst my car was in for a service, it was the 1.2 model seemed nippier than my 12 month old I 10 was when it was brand new - due to some ECU engine management tweeks no doubt as its the same 1.2 kappa engine in previous model.
I thought it sat tight on the road and steering was nice and responsive, also the new bucket type seats give the driver the feeling that the car seems very smooth on the bends etc as you dont roll with the car.
Nice styling too, though sadly they dont offer a 1.2 in the base model only in 1.0 3 cylinder which I personally would not want as they seem to be a raspy hard working engine, if you do a few motorway miles the 1.2 is deffo the model- regularly crawling through a city the 3 cylinder engine is probably OK.
I bet you are excited - let us know how it goes

·
Registered
590 Posts
new i10

thats a good deal, how do the figure breakdown,:)
i'm looking at a premium 1.2 with parking sensors and metallic paint, but dealer not moving on price, even taking it on a pcp...:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Will be finding out in a couple of weeks on its arrival date.

I wish hyundai would keep the same spec as it's promotional videos where it shows sunroof and digital climate control, you would think the top of the range would have these as part of the package , but alas not.
The next 5 weeks are gonna drag :-(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We're on finance and decided not to do pcp deal. Car will cost £155 a month, instead of £120 on pcp deal,want keen on ballon payment,would rather pay the 60 months with nothing owe'ing by the end of the term .
I was paying £133 a month old my 3 year old i10 with 1 year remaining.So had just over 2k to clear balance , so nearly 3k down as a sort of deposit on the new one.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Let us know what you think Steve :)
Certainly will.

we are have a rethink with cars, as our daughter has her own car now and our son is starting to learn to drive soon, so looking at down sizing and cutting cost at the same time, so jumping from out current car to the i10 is a big step for us and a good test of the i10, we currently have a VW Golf.
we have looked at the up etc but they do not tick the boxes, but when my wife sat in the i10 she/we were pleasantly surprised (my wife drives the car more than me)
so now off to the dealers , lets see if the hype from the auto magazines is right....:)
i will post back later.

·
Registered
590 Posts
The Golf looks nice mate..

mine is a MK6 bmt tdi match, so same as your with a newer body,,lol

well back from the test drive and i must say, pleasantly surprised i agree with what 'carbuyer' say's re road noise, but in the golf you get engine noise and quite alot of wind noise,
the cabin feels fresh and spacious.
it does have the big car feel, i'm 6ft and felt at home, even setting the drivers seat to me then jumping into the back and i fitted, not just,,, but with room to spare, very 'tardis like'
the features are all up to what i have in the VW, e.g auto a/c when switched to windscreen etc and the layout functional, better than than new A3(switched and buttons all over the place)

all in all a great car for the money, just need the right deal. much better than the VW UP family of cars

sat down to look at figure and dealer not moving,
so been on the web and found better, just waiting for a phone call.

any chance could you pm me your figures as a comparison, who is your supplying dealer? i may have to travel to get a better price.

we are after the 1.2 premium with metallic paint so similar to your spec

·
Registered
590 Posts
just had the call,
very informative dealer, much better than my local one,
are you aware that cruise control is now standard on the premium?

gave him my details and is getting back to me tomorrow ...

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Good news Steve!

No I wasn't aware of that cruise is now standard!Who told you that? I was under the impression that was part of the driver assist pack for £265. I wanted that option but wanted to keep figures down a month after ticking the winter pack option.

My dealer was Richmond in Portsmouth ,although I live in Southampton, but I know the head of stock Controller at Richmond hyundai so I know there's very little profit for them in my deal.[/QUOTE]

:D

·
Registered
590 Posts
the dealer at crewe told me, says spec changing from now, they split the assist package, according to the Hyundai web page the parking is now£195 and cruise as an extra is £50

·
Registered
590 Posts
yep ,,, that's what he told me, he's also looking at the colors as my wife likes red, they do a red but not available as yet in the uk , probably like the climate control(only on the blue model)also hill assist as the local dealer didn't know.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was told Red is coming in 2015 by my dealer.
I was gutted about the sunroof that seems to be missing from all the promo videos at various motor shows and the digital climate control, which seems odd why a lower spec blue car gets it and not the top of the range version .

1 - 20 of 74 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.