Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in Orange County CA and I've visited two dealers, Allen Hyundai and Tuttle-Click Hyundai, about getting a Sonata. Both times I've been told that they are not taking much off the MSRP. A few hundred dollars but that's about it. They explained that these cars are selling so fast that they have no incentive to reduce the price. I did not go inside for any serious negotiations but I want to know if anyone else here from Orange County has had any luck in getting the price reduced. I've seen the negotiated deals thread in which people have received $1,000 to $2,000 off MSRP but it doesn't specify location. I definitely don't want to pay sticker price. Perhaps I will have to travel to the high desert to get a good deal. I've also stumbled across Truecar.com but do dealers actually sell for the price that they claim to "secure" for you? Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Got the car as soon as they hit the OC/LA lots and was happy to save a few hundred bucks.

My guess is that if you are looking for a screaming deal, you will have to wait several more months. There is not a lot of profit in this car to begin with and it is still pretty new.

Some people fabricate how much they save to sound like they are an expert negotiator. Some people tell the truth and truly get a smoking deal. If you are looking for the best deal possible go at night on the last day of the month. They may have extra incentive to push out a few more units to hit a monthly target, sell more than other dealers for the month, etc.

The definition of a good deal to me is this:
If you get the car you want, at payments you can afford, and you are doing business with someone that goes the extra mile and treats you with respect; it is a good deal.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I wish you the best of luck with getting the limited sonata discounted. As of right now I know for a fact we are the ONLY dealer in the NH area actuall discounting the Sonata Limited. Most dealers in my area are marking the cars up over sticker price as high as 2,295. The dealers in Mass are 100% marking up with an ADM "Adjusted Dealer Markup" sticker. When I do dealer swaps with dealers in my area I'm pulling the stickers off the windows of the car...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently bought an SE with Nav on June 25th for invoice at OCHyundai. They initially told me $300.00 over invoice when I called. When I called a second time they told me if I bought from them, they would sell at invoice. This was before negotiating my trade. Buying a car from them includes free oil changes for the first 30K miles and loaner cars if in service more than 4 hours. PM me and I'll let you know my salesperson's name.

Regards.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had a great experience at Harbor Hyundai in Long Beach. They gave me a great price on my SE. Only deal with the Internet Managers when you go there, I think their names were Doug and Frank.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Like Caliman, I got mine from OC Hyundai.
I obtained 5 prices via the internet (OCHyundai was not one of them), took the best of the best to OC and asked if they could match or beat it.

They beat it by a couple of hundred dollars. SE in Venetian Red with Nav and the usual trinkets out the door for $26812. MSRP was $26445.

That is $367. over MSRP sticker and includes all costs, taxes, and license.

Smokin deal ???? I don't know, but I am happy with it and very happy with the car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Flying Fossil @ Jul 28 2010, 10:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345521
Like Caliman, I got mine from OC Hyundai.
I obtained 5 prices via the internet (OCHyundai was not one of them), took the best of the best to OC and asked if they could match or beat it.

They beat it by a couple of hundred dollars. SE in Venetian Red with Nav and the usual trinkets out the door for $26812. MSRP was $26445.

That is $367. over MSRP sticker and includes all costs, taxes, and license.

Smokin deal ???? I don't know, but I am happy with it and very happy with the car.
If that prices includes TTL then I think you did get a good deal. Thanks for sharing! I test drove the Venetian Red SE; what a hot color.

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (punkrocker27ka @ Jul 28 2010, 12:31 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345575
If that prices includes TTL then I think you did get a good deal. Thanks for sharing! I test drove the Venetian Red SE; what a hot color.
Yep that is "Out the door" price.

Also, I traded in my 2010 Genesis Coupe 3.8GT with Nav. There is no Kelly blue value yet as it was to new.
I had a price quote from CarMax and OC Hyundai went $1000 over there offer.

Like I said, I think I got a good deal.

[attachment=19593:DSC00845.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had good success buying from Hardin Hyundai using TrueCar.com. It looks they are still offering "guaranteed" pricing through TrueCar for $500 under invoice (before tax, title, and license). I think that's a good deal, especially for the Sonata Limited. The only hard part when I was shopping was being patient for the car with the right options and color to hit the lot. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If my Hyundai needs service or repairs that are covered by the warranty, do I have to take it to the dealership where I purchased it? If I get a good deal from a dealership that is 25 miles away, am I stuck with them versus the dealership down the street?

·
Registered
67 Posts
QUOTE (punkrocker27ka @ Jul 29 2010, 04:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345975
If my Hyundai needs service or repairs that are covered by the warranty, do I have to take it to the dealership where I purchased it? If I get a good deal from a dealership that is 25 miles away, am I stuck with them versus the dealership down the street?
You can take your car to any dealer in the country. They make more in service than they do in sales, and if it's warrantee work, Hyundai Corp. pays for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts