Hyundai Forums banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
And the same module should be able to turn on the Auto Hold feature. I wonder if only one would be needed if it was wired to the two switches which are next to each other. It's only a contact closure. It only depends if the software in the car will recognize the two switches being pressed simultaneously. I can try to test it by pressing both at the same time next time I drive the car.
I don't know how Auto Hold is connected. I don't use Auto Hold.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
It applies the brake for you when you come to complete stop so you don't have to keep your foot on the brake. It's possible that they only offer it on the Limited or Calligraphy AWD's as those have the DCT transmissions and Auto Hold is a savior to keep the clutches from slipping, heating up and wearing out. Plus, you don't have to take your foot off the brake, just press on the accelerator and it will release the brake for you and the car moves instantly.

If you have Auto Hold, it's the middle button right under the ISG button.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you make a PCB on the back or is it all plug board physically wired?

This looks like an off the shelf and orderable timer PCB board. Correct?
It applies the brake for you when you come to complete stop so you don't have to keep your foot on the brake. It's possible that they only offer it on the Limited or Calligraphy AWD's as those have the DCT transmissions and Auto Hold is a savior to keep the clutches from slipping, heating up and wearing out. Plus, you don't have to take your foot off the brake, just press on the accelerator and it will release the brake for you and the car moves instantly.

If you have Auto Hold, it's the middle button right under the ISG button.
I have Auto Hold and I know how to use it, just don't like it.

·
Registered
13 Posts

No. I did the design of the printed circuit board using the EasyEDA free soft and ordered production through the same program. This is a 2 layers board.
Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Rectangle Electronic component

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Buy this module. I bought it and tested it in operation. This is a very well designed module. For Santa Fe, you need to put a 200 ohm resistor in series with any green wire.
Thanks, it's hard to tell the scale from the eBay picture. How much room is available under the console and is there enough room for two of them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks, it's hard to tell the scale from the eBay picture. How much room is available under the console and is there enough room for two of them?
Check out my post # 61 for the dimensions of this module. Check out all breakers28 posts from the beginning of the discussion.
There is a lot of space under the console.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 · (Edited)
And the same module should be able to turn on the Auto Hold feature. I wonder if only one would be needed if it was wired to the two switches which are next to each other. It's only a contact closure. It only depends if the software in the car will recognize the two switches being pressed simultaneously. I can try to test it by pressing both at the same time next time I drive the car.
ISG and Auto Hold are different circuits. You can use one time-delay module and 2 relays to engage both features.... see attached jpg.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Diagram

The PAC TR-7 (approx $15) can be used along with a 200 ohm resistor. Relays can be anywhere from $4-$10 each. The original post has the information necessary to do both ISG and Auto Hold. Both the ISG and Auto Hold switches have a built in 200 ohm resistor so one should use a resistor along with any module/device you use. The console cover is the only piece which needs to be removed and both the ISG and Auto Hold can be wired in from there.... If you don't want to create a custom plug-n-play wire harness, might look at posi-tap connectors. The wires are pretty small (I'd guess 24 or 26 gauge) but they make posi-taps for that wire size....

The TR-7 is a multipurpose device and must be one-time programmed to operate on the 9th option (described in the original post, and can be done in less than 5 minutes by opening the car hood and using the car battery). Once programmed to option 9, it will:
1. upon starting the vehicle, power is supplied to the red/green wires 9 (from pin1 1 in the console harness)
2. after 5 seconds, the TR-7 will momentarily supply a ground to it's white wire. This will momentarily active each relay, and momentarily connect pins 30/87 in the relay, simulating the user pushing the ISG and Auto Hold buttons.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Lots of room in the console area..... space should not be a problem.
Thanks,

I've followed a few of the threads and can't see to find the link as to where to get the TR-7 module. Do you have a link to it? The relays should not an an issue, I'll just use a couple of solid state ones.

Never mind, found it, looks like about $29 from what I've looked up.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 · (Edited)
Thanks,

I've followed a few of the threads and can't see to find the link as to where to get the TR-7 module. Do you have a link to it? The relays should not an an issue, I'll just use a couple of solid state ones.

Never mind, found it, looks like about $29 from what I've looked up.
Yea, looks like $29 is about the going price now.... I'm surprised in how much they have increased in price. eBay or Amazon seem to be good options. Another choice may be to use one of the other (cheaper) devices listed above in place of the TR-7. As long as the device momentarily supplied 12V to the relays a few seconds after the car is started, it would do the same thing as the TR-7.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts