Hyundai Forums banner
61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thank you very much, breakers28 for your very detailed explanations.
I found another solution by purchasing this module:
This very small electronic module works great. After turning on the ignition (supplying 12 volts to the red and black wires), in about 17- 20 seconds, the green wires close together for about 2 seconds and this turns off the IS&G system. In case your cars have a resistor in series with the contacts of the pushbutton IS&G system control (Santa Fe 2019 has a 200 ohm resistor), such a resistor should be connected in series with any green wire. The operation of the module is visible with two LEDs. The first one lights up when the voltage of 12 volts is present, the second one lights up for 2 seconds after 20 seconds, at the same time as the green wires are closed. I contacted with Petr and he answered all my questions very quickly. Delivery from the Czech Republic to the US was reasonably fast.
Circuit component Hardware programmer Ruler Rectangle Electronic component

·
Registered
435 Posts
It’s such a chore to push the console button to disable the ISG. It’s almost as difficult as turning on Auto Hold, the parking brake, or the radio. Woe is me.
I couldn't agree more. All that button pushing leaves me exhausted! LOL

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T HTRAC
1,558 Posts
After awhile the ISG simply would not work. For those who have not installed mod, just wait it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looking at 3875 ISG Switch Diagram.jpg in the first post. Just wire a time delay relay across the switch. Much less work and don't need electronics skill which op seems to have. Here is one (cheap too) but there are many or rig one up ….
Love this idea seems too simple for it to work. Did you use this inexpensive time delay relay in your car ISG circuit?

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Nope, ISG is still tolerable, and I hate popping plastic clips, always break a few. Might start a how to thread in a few months when I finally exit the work force, gotta find something to do lol.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Thank you very much, breakers28
Glad to see others are finding ways to manage the ISG function. No one solution works for everyone. I don't even think about ISG anymore which is what I wanted. Glad others are also finding creative solutions! Options are always good. :)(y)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nope, ISG is still tolerable, and I hate popping plastic clips, always break a few. Might start a how to thread in a few months when I finally exit the work force, gotta find something to do lol.
I have removed the console twice and I can tell that the plastic clips do not break. You can buy a module from the Czech Republic on eBay.
This module has a solid state relay and a delay circuit. The relay closes the green wires for only 1 second 20 seconds after the ignition is turned on. I installed this relay in my 2019 Santa Fe a few months ago.
Bravo breakers28!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have removed the console twice and I can tell that the plastic clips do not break. You can buy a module from the Czech Republic on eBay.
This module has a solid state relay and a delay circuit. The relay closes the green wires for only 1 second 20 seconds after the ignition is turned on. I installed this relay in my 2019 Santa Fe a few months ago.
Bravo breakers28!
Do you have the electrical schematic for this, would like to see it before ordering it? I'm planning on installing it in my Kia Soul 2020.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you have the electrical schematic for this, would like to see it before ordering it? I'm planning on installing it in my Kia Soul 2020.
I do not have the diagram of this module, but I am an electronic engineer and can imagine how it works. I also made my own circuit with one 556 timer and can send it to you if you want. Both modules work great.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
That is out of scope for people not into electronics. Just go get something from AliExpress!.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That is out of scope for people not into electronics. Just go get something from AliExpress!.
We need a module that closes two wires some time after turning on the ignition and only for a short time. There is no such module from AliExpress. The module that I pointed out to eBay works exactly like this.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
And the same module should be able to turn on the Auto Hold feature. I wonder if only one would be needed if it was wired to the two switches which are next to each other. It's only a contact closure. It only depends if the software in the car will recognize the two switches being pressed simultaneously. I can try to test it by pressing both at the same time next time I drive the car.

·
Registered
2021 Stormy Sea Santa Fe Calligraphy 2.5L Turbo HTRAC 20" wheels
826 Posts
I meant the diagram that I made to build my module. Here is the diagram.
Did you make a PCB on the back or is it all plug board physically wired?

This looks like an off the shelf and orderable timer PCB board. Correct?

61 - 80 of 92 Posts