Hyundai Forums banner
41 - 60 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
No need to lie.
You mean like making a false claim that something is broken when it is not? Why don't you get on to more important stuff like pointing out to the OP that the hardware fix to disable ISG isn't sanctioned by the manual? Surely, Captain Obvious can handle that.

Mike

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Custom Harness connector pins and connector housing (male and female)
Console Switch Connectors are 24 Pin TE Connectors which are from te.com. I found it best to purchase individual housing connectors and pins from 2 vendors so I could purchase small quantities as needed.
-- Female Console Switch connectors:
----- Connector: 1376103-1 uses pin 1376109-1 (need 1 connector and at least 18 pins, I recommend purchasing some spare pins)
---- I ordered mine from Allied Electronics (https://www.alliedelectronics.com/)
-- Male Console Switch Connector:
----- Connector: 1717112-1 uses pin: 1674311-1 (need 1 connector and at least 18 pins, I recommend purchasing some spare pins)
----- I ordered mine from Online Components (https://www.onlinecomponents.com/)
I'm unable to find those part numbers you list for Allied Electronics. The ones from Online Components came up just fine.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,323 Posts
You mean like making a false claim that something is broken when it is not? Why don't you get on to more important stuff like pointing out to the OP that the hardware fix to disable ISG isn't sanctioned by the manual? Surely, Captain Obvious can handle that.

Mike
This is getting deep.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,229 Posts
Can we keep this thread free from everyone's opinion? As stated in the first post, there are a lot of opinions (and we all have one). This thread should be specific to ways, means, etc. of managing the ISG (or auto stop/start) feature for those who do not care for it. Thanks?
Keep the internet free from opinion? Sure; why didn't we think of that before? ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Keep the internet free from opinion? Sure; why didn't we think of that before? ¯\(ツ)
You must have failed to read the very first post in this thread. This thread was started to share some technical information. Opinions are of no value in a technical discussion. If you are happy with ISG as it is designed on the car, simply move on to another thread and fill it with your opinion. The intent was to have a thread where one could find technical information to manage the ISG function as they prefer. Unfortunately, we now have a lot of non-technical discussion in this thread which simply becomes clutter to anyone trying to figure out how to manage ISG. There are so many other threads where everyone can discuss whether or not they like ISG, I just don't understand why people feel the need to post their opinion in every thread on the forum.

Just to make it easy, I'll repost that portion of the very first post in this thread:
This thread is intended to document various ways to manage the ISG (Idle Stop/Go) feature (also known as Auto Stop). Please refrain from posting whether or not you like or dislike this feature, there are plenty of other threads to discuss whether this is a good feature or not. This thread will focus on the options available to those who do not like the feature, as well as documented ways to bypass, default it off or otherwise manage this feature to the user’s liking on the 4th generation Santa Fe.

A little respect and consideration go a long way!

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
OK, sorry for the long delay in followup, but I'm finally ready to pull the trigger on this.

I'm looking ONLY to get the Shark Memory Module part (not the ISG one) for heated/cooled seats.

Is your wiring diagram the same?

I'd like to wire the harness so I can use the Console wiring vs. the body wiring option (easier to get into the console area as I have to fix one of my cupholder lights--LOL

I'll probably buy a lot of extra parts as my housemate has a 2013 (I'll have to email Shark and see if the module works in there as well). I have a 2017 SFS 2.0T Ultimate (Shark's website originally didn't list that, but I emailed them asking if it'd work and they said yes and updated the site).

I'll try to remember to take pictures as sometimes it's easier. My diagram skills aren't so hot. LOL!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Let's make sure I understand. You will only install the Shark Racing Heated/Cooled Seats & Steering Wheel Module. Assuming this is correct:
That cannot be done in the Console Wire harness, you need to access the Lower Center Crashpad harness. This is where the heated/cooled seat and heated SW switch is located. (see the attached shark racing diagrams)
While I have not pulled that harness apart, I believe it is the same form factor as the console harness - which means the connectors (male/female and pins) listed for the ISG should also work for the Heated/Cooled seats and heated steering wheel. You could pull Lower Center Crashpad harness and see if the connectors fit in it - and if they do, you could build a short custom harness to install the Heated/Cooled seats and SW module without tapping into existing vehicle wiring - essentially making your install a plug and play solution. The male/female connectors and pins are pretty cheap and probably worth buying to see if they fit the Crashpad harness. If it does fit, you would wire as follows: (Driver Cooling Switch is pin 1, green wire with orange stripe and would be connected to the Shark Racing blue wire (pair 1), Sriver Heat switch is pin 2, a brown wire which would be connected to the Shark Racing yellow wire (pair 2), etc. ) The diagram below is for the lower center crashpad connector:

Here are the Shark Racing diagrams as well:
Good luck and if you use the connectors to build a custom harness, let us know if the parts listed work on this Lower Center Crash Pad connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Let's make sure I understand. You will only install the Shark Racing Heated/Cooled Seats & Steering Wheel Module. Assuming this is correct:
That cannot be done in the Console Wire harness, you need to access the Lower Center Crashpad harness. This is where the heated/cooled seat and heated SW switch is located. (see the attached shark racing diagrams)
While I have not pulled that harness apart, I believe it is the same form factor as the console harness - which means the connectors (male/female and pins) listed for the ISG should also work for the Heated/Cooled seats and heated steering wheel. You could pull Lower Center Crashpad harness and see if the connectors fit in it - and if they do, you could build a short custom harness to install the Heated/Cooled seats and SW module without tapping into existing vehicle wiring - essentially making your install a plug and play solution. The male/female connectors and pins are pretty cheap and probably worth buying to see if they fit the Crashpad harness. If it does fit, you would wire as follows: (Driver Cooling Switch is pin 1, green wire with orange stripe and would be connected to the Shark Racing blue wire (pair 1), Sriver Heat switch is pin 2, a brown wire which would be connected to the Shark Racing yellow wire (pair 2), etc. ) The diagram below is for the lower center crashpad connector:
<SNIP>

Here are the Shark Racing diagrams as well:
Good luck and if you use the connectors to build a custom harness, let us know if the parts listed work on this Lower Center Crash Pad connector.
Thank you very much. Yes, I would only install the heated/cooling seat module (the 2017 doesn't have ISG).

Now, mine looks a little different than the pictures (maybe because I have the ultimate?) The buttons for the heated/cooled seats on mine, are in the "shifter" area, not in the dash. (I think you call it crashpad, I shall refer to it as the "dash", although technically you're correct if I read the repair manual when I had access to it).

I'll have to take a gander what my shifter area/thingy looks like once it comes back from the Deer incident. I know how to pop the knob off and get into that area, since that's where I wired the Accent Glow cup holders at. There's several connector harnesses in there and I think one of them is where the heated/cooled seat buttons use.

May need to look at the 2017 Wiring diagram (for the SFS Ultimate). I know a lot of Shark Racing is for the "regular" Santa Fe, not the SFS (interior LED lights only fit the LWB not the SWB for the 2017 MY).

But thanks again!

·
Registered
133 Posts
If you have access to the wires, you can always buy a cheap bag of "T-Taps" so the connectors won't matter. They just clip onto existing wires without the need to disconnect, cut, solder, etc.

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
If you have access to the wires, you can always buy a cheap bag of "T-Taps" so the connectors won't matter. They just clip onto existing wires without the need to disconnect, cut, solder, etc.
Yeah, I'm not a big fan of those. The wiring in the vehicle is quite small (24 gauge or smaller, I'd say), and if it is in the area where the shifter is, they wrap this cloth type electrical tape around everything so you basically have to unravel a bunch of it in order to get the taps anywhere near the wiring. But it is an option.

But won't know for like 2-3 weeks. Hopefully they are able to start the repairs on the vehicle next week and it'll take a week to fix/repair things, so hopefully 2 weeks vs. 3.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Just to clarify, the information I've posted is from the Factory Repair Manual for my 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The 2 pics in the previous post are from Shark Racing for their Heated/Cooled Seat module for the 2019 Santa Fe. I agree, take a look at your specific situation and adjust accordingly. Shark Racing should send you the pics/instructions specific to your year/model.

For small wires, I've heard (I've not used them) the Posi-tap connectors work pretty good to tap into existing wires - should you decide that is a direction you want to go. They make the Posi-Tap for small wires.... Regardless of how you install it, I'm sure you'll like the memory feature of the Shark Racing module.

Thank you very much. Yes, I would only install the heated/cooling seat module (the 2017 doesn't have ISG).

Now, mine looks a little different than the pictures (maybe because I have the ultimate?) The buttons for the heated/cooled seats on mine, are in the "shifter" area, not in the dash. (I think you call it crashpad, I shall refer to it as the "dash", although technically you're correct if I read the repair manual when I had access to it).

I'll have to take a gander what my shifter area/thingy looks like once it comes back from the Deer incident. I know how to pop the knob off and get into that area, since that's where I wired the Accent Glow cup holders at. There's several connector harnesses in there and I think one of them is where the heated/cooled seat buttons use.

May need to look at the 2017 Wiring diagram (for the SFS Ultimate). I know a lot of Shark Racing is for the "regular" Santa Fe, not the SFS (interior LED lights only fit the LWB not the SWB for the 2017 MY).

But thanks again!

·
Registered
2017 SFS 2.0 T Ultimate
850 Posts
Just to clarify, the information I've posted is from the Factory Repair Manual for my 2019 Santa Fe Ultimate. The 2 pics in the previous post are from Shark Racing for their Heated/Cooled Seat module for the 2019 Santa Fe. I agree, take a look at your specific situation and adjust accordingly. Shark Racing should send you the pics/instructions specific to your year/model.

For small wires, I've heard (I've not used them) the Posi-tap connectors work pretty good to tap into existing wires - should you decide that is a direction you want to go. They make the Posi-Tap for small wires.... Regardless of how you install it, I'm sure you'll like the memory feature of the Shark Racing module.
OK, Finally got my part and the instructions (or the jpg anyway). Here's their "wiring" which does match what's in my vehicle. Looks like the 24-pin harnesses you made would work for the actual "switch" parts, but it also looks like I need a 12-pin harness to tap into the IGN connector module thingy. Would prefer that vs. the posi-tap.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sorry, it’s a public forum. Pressing the off button that the manufacturer provided seems obvious but I guess that’s just an opinion. But if you’re that worked up about it then you should pursue manipulating the ECU, like VAGCOM for the VW communities. Then set the ECU default to off for the ISG.
This can be done by the dealer.
We took a demo 19 home for the weekend. When we started the car the disable button was already on.
Asking the dealer, it was done through the scan tool protocol.

41 - 60 of 92 Posts