Hyundai Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
No need to lie.
You mean like making a false claim that something is broken when it is not? Why don't you get on to more important stuff like pointing out to the OP that the hardware fix to disable ISG isn't sanctioned by the manual? Surely, Captain Obvious can handle that.

Mike

·
Registered
725 Posts
Custom Harness connector pins and connector housing (male and female)
Console Switch Connectors are 24 Pin TE Connectors which are from te.com. I found it best to purchase individual housing connectors and pins from 2 vendors so I could purchase small quantities as needed.
-- Female Console Switch connectors:
----- Connector: 1376103-1 uses pin 1376109-1 (need 1 connector and at least 18 pins, I recommend purchasing some spare pins)
---- I ordered mine from Allied Electronics (https://www.alliedelectronics.com/)
-- Male Console Switch Connector:
----- Connector: 1717112-1 uses pin: 1674311-1 (need 1 connector and at least 18 pins, I recommend purchasing some spare pins)
----- I ordered mine from Online Components (https://www.onlinecomponents.com/)
I'm unable to find those part numbers you list for Allied Electronics. The ones from Online Components came up just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #46

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
You mean like making a false claim that something is broken when it is not? Why don't you get on to more important stuff like pointing out to the OP that the hardware fix to disable ISG isn't sanctioned by the manual? Surely, Captain Obvious can handle that.

Mike
This is getting deep.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Can we keep this thread free from everyone's opinion? As stated in the first post, there are a lot of opinions (and we all have one). This thread should be specific to ways, means, etc. of managing the ISG (or auto stop/start) feature for those who do not care for it. Thanks😎
Keep the internet free from opinion? Sure; why didn't we think of that before? ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Keep the internet free from opinion? Sure; why didn't we think of that before? ¯\(ツ)
You must have failed to read the very first post in this thread. This thread was started to share some technical information. Opinions are of no value in a technical discussion. If you are happy with ISG as it is designed on the car, simply move on to another thread and fill it with your opinion. The intent was to have a thread where one could find technical information to manage the ISG function as they prefer. Unfortunately, we now have a lot of non-technical discussion in this thread which simply becomes clutter to anyone trying to figure out how to manage ISG. There are so many other threads where everyone can discuss whether or not they like ISG, I just don't understand why people feel the need to post their opinion in every thread on the forum.

Just to make it easy, I'll repost that portion of the very first post in this thread:
This thread is intended to document various ways to manage the ISG (Idle Stop/Go) feature (also known as Auto Stop). Please refrain from posting whether or not you like or dislike this feature, there are plenty of other threads to discuss whether this is a good feature or not. This thread will focus on the options available to those who do not like the feature, as well as documented ways to bypass, default it off or otherwise manage this feature to the user’s liking on the 4th generation Santa Fe.

A little respect and consideration go a long way!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts