Hyundai Forums banner
21 - 40 of 101 Posts
breakers28, if there is 200 ohms resistance across pins 6 & 13 when the ISG switch is open and zero when closed. The resistor purpose is to detect wire breakage (no connection). The carputer will probably generate a trouble code if it detected no current flow.

It’s funny how some folks here worry so much about losing “a quarter of a second” in acceleration. I never worried that my 280Z took 7 + seconds to get to 60 mph, nor do I fret when my Santa Fe 2.0 T does it in roughly the same time.
A quarter of a second delay when crossing or pulling into traffic can turn into a disaster, when it is unexpected, especially when combined with auto-hold (for those saying they can't "beat" ISG--you absolutely can). This thread is for those who just want be sure it is off, or those who just want the choice to how it operates.

And I too want the option to control it. In my case I want it more for auto-hold, as I prefer that to be on when I start the vehicle. It's the whole taking the console apart that is holding me back. I'd need a youtube video to be sure.

Mike

A quarter of a second delay when crossing or pulling into traffic can turn into a disaster, when it is unexpected, especially when combined with auto-hold (for those saying they can't "beat" ISG--you absolutely can). This thread is for those who just want be sure it is off, or those who just want the choice to how it operates.

And I too want the option to control it. In my case I want it more for auto-hold, as I prefer that to be on when I start the vehicle. It's the whole taking the console apart that is holding me back. I'd need a youtube video to be sure.

Mike
I guess those of us who don’t disable ISG better start praying that we can survive our drives to the 7-11.

Reactions: RochHam
Can we keep this thread free from everyone's opinion? As stated in the first post, there are a lot of opinions (and we all have one). This thread should be specific to ways, means, etc. of managing the ISG (or auto stop/start) feature for those who do not care for it. Thanks?
Sorry, it’s a public forum. Pressing the off button that the manufacturer provided seems obvious but I guess that’s just an opinion. But if you’re that worked up about it then you should pursue manipulating the ECU, like VAGCOM for the VW communities. Then set the ECU default to off for the ISG.

I guess those of us who don’t disable ISG better start praying that we can survive our drives to the 7-11.
Like I said, I want both ISG and auto-hold to be active when I start the vehicle. Right now I have to manually press the auto-hold button each time I start the vehicle. I know it is a first-world problem but I'd prefer to not have to do that.

Maybe I can try the toothpick thing with the auto-hold button!

Mike

........... like VAGCOM for the VW communities.
Having used that software for years I seriously doubt VW would allow you to defeat something like this - you could do a lot but disabling nanny type stuff is where VW generally drew the line.

.........auto-hold to be active when I start the vehicle.
I'm sure there's a reason but it escapes me why the auto-hold can't be a permanent on/off......worst case it's in auto-hold & you have your foot on the pedal.

Discussion starter · #27 ·
breakers28, if there is 200 ohms resistance across pins 6 & 13 when the ISG switch is open and zero when closed. The resistor purpose is to detect wire breakage (no connection). The carputer will probably generate a trouble code if it detected no current flow.
rambokid, quite the opposite. 200ohms when you press (close) the button. So, again, I would recommend against a direct short across pin 6 & in 13. Add a 200 ohm resistor in series and you're good.

Discussion starter · #28 ·
Sorry, it’s a public forum. Pressing the off button that the manufacturer provided seems obvious but I guess that’s just an opinion. But if you’re that worked up about it then you should pursue manipulating the ECU, like VAGCOM for the VW communities. Then set the ECU default to off for the ISG.
You right it is a public forum. How nice would it be to get garbage comments out of a technical discussion so one can find the information they need IF they decide they don't want ISG active? Instead this becomes full of opinions like yours, and you think EVERYONE should think just like you - and if you don't mind ISG, then EVERYONE is happy with the ISG. Unfortunately, you won't get what I just stated, and you'll keep adding your opinion to every post just because you are so much smarter than the rest of us and we should all think just like you.

You right it is a public forum. How nice would it be to get garbage comments...........
Wow, what a tool. I guess it must be quite the burden to just pass over the posts that are a bit off topic. I can only imagine how much of a chore is must be to scroll down a page ?

Easy solution - if you don't like how a forum is run then start your own & run it how you like.

You right it is a public forum. How nice would it be to get garbage comments out of a technical discussion so one can find the information they need IF they decide they don't want ISG active? Instead this becomes full of opinions like yours, and you think EVERYONE should think just like you - and if you don't mind ISG, then EVERYONE is happy with the ISG. Unfortunately, you won't get what I just stated, and you'll keep adding your opinion to every post just because you are so much smarter than the rest of us and we should all think just like you.
Don’t let it keep you up at night.

Like I said, I want both ISG and auto-hold to be active when I start the vehicle. Right now I have to manually press the auto-hold button each time I start the vehicle. I know it is a first-world problem but I'd prefer to not have to do that.

Maybe I can try the toothpick thing with the auto-hold button!

Mike

It is a first world problem yes, but it is such an easy fix for car manus that it is silly for owners to have to set things like ISG, Auto Hold, seat heating/cooling, drive mode, etc every time they enter the car. Thankfully there are modules you can buy to save these preferences for you. They can be bought at Shark Racing and are pricey for what they are, but I have them and they work great. Getting into the car and setting nothing, first world problem solved :)

If you turn on Auto Hold and take your foot off the brake as soon as the Auto Hold symbol turns green, the ISG will not activate. What irks me the most is when the ISG activates when the outside temp is 102 and the air is running and suddenly shuts off. Can’t be doing the AC compressor any good either.

If you turn on Auto Hold and take your foot off the brake as soon as the Auto Hold symbol turns green, the ISG will not activate. What irks me the most is when the ISG activates when the outside temp is 102 and the air is running and suddenly shuts off. Can’t be doing the AC compressor any good either.
If your ISG shuts off your engine when it’s 102° outside then it’s not working properly. Supposedly, it knocks off at 95°. But even at 94° I can’t say it’s all that troublesome when it drops the AC fan speed.

If your ISG shuts off your engine when it’s 102° outside then it’s not working properly. Supposedly, it knocks off at 95°. But even at 94° I can’t say it’s all that troublesome when it drops the AC fan speed.
I have had mine engage at 102F too, and by all appearances my ISG is working properly. In that instance, and other instances like it, I had been driving for less than 10 minutes or so, before which the SF was in my garage. Also, I am in Arizona and there was almost no humidity. So I don't think the 95F "outside" temperate is a hard-and-fast rule for ISG: I suspect it is based also on the temperature under the hood, since even though it was 102 outside, the engine was probably not baking like it would be if driven for 30 minutes. It could also be that ISG ignores a quick temperature rise (as in, from a cool garage into the heat). I don't know. But I do know there was no issue in my case in ISG activating at 102F--the A/C was still cold for the duration of the stop. I'm actually pleasantly surprised by how well it still cools with the engine off. I guess not much different than my home A/C that deliberately runs for 1-2 minutes after the outside compressor has shut off, the air blowing from the registers still cool.

I didn’t set the 95° rule, Hyundai did. I have no idea where the temp sensor is that controls that ISG feature.

It doesn't matter. You asserted that if ISG engages above 95F outside temperature that "it’s not working properly." I responded that activating above 95F does not mean "it’s not working properly." That is all.
Neither one of us truly has a clue. Only Hyundai/Genesis knows the scoop.

See the ISG specs in post #5 above. It says “outside” temp above 95°. What does your manual say?

Neither one of us truly has a clue. Only Genesis knows the scoop.

See the ISG specs in post #5 above. It says “outside” temp above 95°. What does your manual say?
Genesis?

The manual says a lot of things that don't quite fit reality. The reality is ISG can and does work above 95F OT, at least under certain conditions. You're arguing from a book, and claimed "it's not working properly." We who have actually observed it are reporting from the real world.

Genesis?

The manual says a lot of things that don't quite fit reality. The reality is ISG can and does work above 95F OT, at least under certain conditions. You're arguing from a book, and claimed "it's not working properly." We who have actually observed it are reporting from the real world.
Genesis?

Thanks, I fixed that typo.

So, your manual says 95° outside too?

Today I was in a bad traffic line, I decided to activate de auto hold feature, and I noticed that the ISG works as well with this feature. I released the brake, auto hold activated and then the engine stayed off till the moment I pressed the gas pedal

21 - 40 of 101 Posts